6 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
We recently received an FCA Open Banking license to become both an Account Integration Service Providers and Payment Initiation Service Provider.
These new roles have been created to support the Open Banking Initiative within Global Merchant Services (GMS) with particular focus on the Payment Initiation Service Provider product, called Pay with Bank.
Pay with Bank enables any consumer to use their bank account to make online purchases via a merchant's website. It is open for use by all UK Consumers with a bank account and external data suggests 1 in 10 credit card payments and 3 in 10 debit card payments will migrate to this category by 2021.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting energetic, new part of GMS which is a start up business within Amercian Express pushing the boundaries of innovation in payments.
This role is work in the Pay with Bank Business Development team working closely with the Client Management function to generate leads and then convert them through the sales cycle to fully accepting Pay with Bank merchants.
The role will involve working closely with the product team and on boarding team as well as internal stakeholders and merchant prospects.
* Development of the Business Development Strategy for your allocated sub segment
* Prospecting with the Client Management team and self prospecting
* Manage and qualify prospects and leadership of prospect through the sales cycle from first contact, to commercial negotiation and contract signing
* Working closely with the on boarding team to get the merchant live
* Management of prospect for the first 6 months post signing before it is handed over to the product team.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Proven track record of commercial sales/business development.
* Previous Sales experience essential
* Proven ability to drive results in a matrix organization
* Experience of leading a commercial negotiation process from beginning to conclusion.
* Proven track record of merchant negotiation, particularly with commercial contracts
* Proven senior level negotiation, presentation and influencing skills to external audiences in large national organizations.
* In-depth understanding of the European payments landscape, PSD2 and Open Banking regulation.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 12:11:00 PM