4 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with mobile apps and games markets, standards, business models, sales channels, and landscape.
* Experience managing, negotiating, and building working relationships with partners.
* Master's degree or PhD.
* Experience in product management, sales, or distribution of mobile apps at a leading market provider.
* Understanding of Google products.
* Ability to be creative, open-minded, persistent, and highly collaborative. Excellent attention to detail and business judgment.
* Passion for mobile technology and mobile apps and games.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with partners and internal Google teams.
About the job
Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Equipped with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
The Play Apps and Games Business Development team develops relationships with a range of organizations, from startups to large publishers and game developers, works with them to build great apps and games, and finds ways for them to reach their audiences and grow their digital businesses. From joint design and solving technical problems for partners, to developing business models and distributing apps and games globally, we provide the full lifecycle of support for partners.
As a Business Development Manager, you will contribute excellent business judgment and product knowledge. You will be right on the front line, helping developers grow their business on Android by consulting on quality, engagement and growth improvements and go-to-market strategies.
* Develop market analysis and strategy to identify key opportunities for the regional market in partnership with cross-functional and global teams.
* Define partnership strategies and execute go-to-market plans.
* Prioritize your partner portfolio with specific, measurable, and achievable/stretch goals to grow your partners to the next level.
* Stay up to date on the latest developments within mobile technology and app and game development through research, attending/speaking at events, etc., provide feedback on features, and business models to Product/Engineering teams, and generate and publish best practices from your data and insights.