6 months ago
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
American Express' Global Commercial Services Large Market sales team was established to drive growth into the Large Market UK segment through the acquisition of new Commercial Services customers, which the Large Market Account Sales team will then nurture and grow. The Large Market segment – companies with a turnover of £300m or above – is a high potential segment with significant opportunity for growth.
This role is pivotal in reinvigorating American Express' position in the segment. The incumbent will be focused on delivering a long-term, consultative selling strategy to drive results for the UK commercial services organisation. The role involves selling the full suite of American Express commercial payment solutions to UK Large Market prospects.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Selling to a focused, high-profile portfolio of strategic UK-based prospects
* Defining and executing against a business plan which will deliver sustainable results, both short- and long term
* Building effective strategic plans which define and deliver a winning strategy for each prospect.
* Liaising with key internal stakeholders such as Pricing, Finance, Contracts, Marketing, as well as Sales and Account Development Managers as required, both locally and globally.
* The responsibilities include targeted metrics based on external prospecting activities, signings, and billings
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Track record of selling into senior and c-suite audiences in large organisations
* Strong financial and commercial acumen
* Experience and comfort in managing long and complex sales cycles
* Drive and ambition to succeed, with successful track record in career to date
* Self-starter with ability to identify, analyse and pursue opportunities when they appear
* Ability to develop consultative sales strategies and articulate the value of a customised Amex value proposition to meet customer needs
* Ability to use insight and deep understanding of prospects to challenge the status quo
* Ability to quickly develop a detailed understanding of the Commercial Services value proposition and how this can address the customer needs
* Excellent time management and organizational skills to maintain rigour at every step of the process
* Ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline
* Ability to develop and execute strategic opportunity plans
* Influencing and communications skills
* Strong relationship/networking skills
* Must be able to travel, primarily in the UK
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on firstname.lastname@example.org orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2018, 6:18:44 AM