about 1 month ago
The Business Engagement Lead (BEL) is accountable for ensuring that the Procurement organization delivers results in support of the EMEA Pharmaceuticals business strategy and objectives. The BEL works directly with the Company Group Chair who leads the EMEA Pharmaceuticals business, as well as the country managing directors, regional business leaders, and regional finance director to align Procurement’s activities. As a senior leader in Procurement, and a member of the EMEA Procurement Governance Council, the BEL also sets strategy for the function in the region and serves as a role model for the function.
The Business Engagement Lead’s scope of responsibilities include:
• Orchestrate the delivery of procurement services amongst the three tiers of our operating model (Business Unit Procurement, Global Services, and the Corporate Tier).
• Serve as the senior sponsor for Procurement, engaging with Business Partner/Key Stakeholders, including Board/LT membership/participation to drive business planning and major decision-making.
• Understand long range requirements of the Pharmaceuticals business and engage in strategic planning and collaboration to ensure Procurement alignment to those requirements.
• Identify pharmaceutical industry trends that Procurement must build into its category strategies to ensure sustainable relevance to the Pharmaceuticals business.
• Lead strategic projects designed to address the most pressing business challenges.
• Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
• Anticipate business demand requirements and partner with Category Leads to deliver annual value
improvements that drive high-reaching advantage.
• Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that result in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad
range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
• Participate in EMEA Procurement Governance Council, to provide leadership to the function in the region.
• Participate in the Janssen Procurement Leadership Team, to provide leadership to the function globally in the achievement of Pharmaceuticals business objectives.
• Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
• Minimum Education of a Bachelors or Equivalent.
• At least 8 years of experience within a Procurement environment in a senior position.
• Strong business insight – the ability to understand challenges through the eyes of the regional business leaders.
• Influencing skills – the ability to persuade others to change behavior in pursuit of a common goal.
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills at the senior executive level, as well as with peers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently present complex information to senior executives.
• Broad-based understanding of core procurement areas of focus (spend management, category management and supplier management).
• Strong project and change management capabilities.
• Demonstrated learning agility, and the ability to improve both yourself and the people around you.
• Up to approximately 30% domestic travel may be required.
• MBA or equivalent Other Ph.D., JD , etc.
• Preferred related Industry experience business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, R&D, Marketing, sales or supply.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)