Business Support Officer – Best Practice & Sustainability (Part Time, Two Year Contract)
Islington, EC1V (with travel to visit project sites across the UK)
Are you looking to make a positive, lasting impact as a Business Support Officer? Want to support the success of a ground-breaking programme that is helping schoolchildren across the UK to reach their full potential? If so, read on.
About the Charity
Our client is a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
They seek to empower people and communities to address their issues and challenges through practical, financial and emotional help. Our client’s work is wide-ranging and includes help for parents-to-be, the provision of many Children’s Centres in local communities, intensive family support, emotional health and wellbeing services, counselling, mediation and therapies, support in schools and financial grants programmes. Our client is also recognised as a leading provider of training and consultancy.
Currently our client is working in partnership with a leading organisation and they’ve have launched the National School Breakfast Programme, funded by the Department for Education. This programme will work with schools across the country to develop healthy breakfasts, so no child starts the school day too hungry to learn.
Our client is now looking for a part time Business Support Officer to join them on a two year contract and facilitate the success of this programme.
- Salary of £26,340 pro rata inclusive of Inner London Weighting
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare vouchers
- The opportunity to help make a positive difference to children
- Full induction and ongoing training
- 23 days’ holiday pro rata
This is a great opportunity to broaden your existing skill-set and help to ensure that thousands of hungry schoolchildren have access to a healthy and nutritious breakfast.
You will have the chance to get involved in various areas of the programme, from policies and processes to marketing and administrative support.
As a Business Support Officer, you will facilitate the successful delivery of the National School Breakfast Programme.
Reporting to the Best Practice & Sustainability Lead, you’ll help to develop best practice, provide a high level of admin support and assist with the delivery of the programme’s communications and media strategy.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide functional, data and administrative support
- Help to deliver a range of internal and external meetings to share best practice
- Assist with the creation of sustainability plans for schools taking part in the programme
- Carry out communications tasks, including surveys, case studies and interviews with stakeholders
- Travel to attend breakfast clubs throughout the UK, and occasionally stay away overnight
To be considered as a Business Support Officer, you’ll need experience of the following:
- Providing administrative support to a multi-functional project and team
- Using a CRM system and databases to support the development and evaluation of events and services
- Arranging events and meetings for dispersed teams, ensuring all correct materials are available and providing support in person at meetings and events
You will preferably have a relevant qualification or have experience of marketing and communications, journalism or research. However, this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Business Support Administrator, Project Support Officer, Project Support Co-ordinator, Events Co-ordinator, Events Support Administrator or Communications & Events Co-ordinator.
Candidates who have held the title of Administrator, PA, EA, Project Administrator, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Assistant or Communications Assistant are also encouraged to apply.
This is a part time role, working 29.6 hours per week.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Business Support Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.