6 months ago
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our premier global network of change makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and shape the future of the business. You will get the opportunity to support multiple markets and move across the Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer organisations. You will diversify your skill set and gain exposure by working on high-profile projects – analysing and simplifying complex data to identify areas of value and consult the business to drive more profitable decisions.
The Business Unit CFO Group (within Finance) helps influence and drive decisions by providing thought leadership and financial analysis to the revenue-generating business units and key operational groups at American Express.
Based in London and part of the larger Business Unit CFO Group, the Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will support the Business Unit through the financial management of the P&L, provide decision support on investments and deal negotiations, evaluate product- and business-line economics, and work on strategic projects which are critical to the organisation. A significant part of the role will be around using data analytics to understand trends and solve business issues.
Main responsibilities include:
* Owning the P&L of one or more markets and acting as the Lead Financial Officer (LFO) for those markets, providing decision support, thought leadership and strategic guidance on planning, optimizing investments and product line strategy.
* Working with many markets across the globe to understand the local markets and what is required to ‘win’ by market.
* Producing market, product and cardmember analyses on emerging trends and P&L dynamics, highlighting risks and opportunities, and helping drive the growth of the Business Unit.
* Providing financial support and thought leadership on medium- to long-term strategic initiatives and product development.
* Developing knowledge and insights to support Senior Leadership on key strategic projects and high-profile initiatives impacting American Express
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Detailed knowledge of financial reports and accounting.
* Outstanding analytical skills, ability to extract key insights from P&L and work with big data.
* Excellent presentation skills and executive presence, including the ability to explain complex ideas simply and provide actionable recommendations to senior leaders and business partners.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and build strong relationships across groups, working in a complex and multi-stakeholder environment.
* Proven ability to work independently under pressure, multi-task and prioritize effectively.
* Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
* Relevant work experience in Finance roles.
* A positive, can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and a fun disposition!
* Coding and big data analytics experience in at least one coding language (SQL, SAS, Python, R) highly advantageous.
* Professional Finance or Accounting qualification.
* Undergraduate or postgraduate degree from top institution.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on firstname.lastname@example.org orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 3, 2019, 1:24:31 PM