7 months ago
Job Summary & Purpose
We’re looking for a skilled and driven digital editor or staff writer with an interest in tech and a talent for offering clean and clear buying advice to join our team in either London or Bath.
40 million people read TechRadar, T3 and What HiFi each month, and 250,000 of those people trust the buying advice we give so much that they click through and buy a product we’ve recommended. As the newest member of our buying advice team, you’ll work closely with all three sites to guide these readers to the best products and the best prices.
You’ll need to be able to write accurately and compellingly to give accurate, salient and empathetic buying advice. You’ll need to be able to tell the good products from the bad apples, with a keen sense of smell for the best prices, deals and promotions. Day to day you’ll use our world class price comparison tools to guide readers to the best prices, writing regular news stories and comprehensive buying guides while you keep your finger on the pulse of the latest releases.
You will need fantastic organisational and time-management skills, and a demonstrable talent for writing clean, quality content. You will need to develop razor sharp SEO skills to ensure your content reaches its intended audience, as well as the ability to adapt quickly while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment. If this sounds like you, apply below and let us know why you’re a great candidate for the job!
Key role responsibilities
* Managing key verticals and devising content strategies for long term success of the brand
* Commissioning, managing and writing some of the site’s most important eCommerce content including buying guides and news stories
* Ensuring that all content has an audience strategy at its heart
* Unearthing and exploring new opportunities for content initiatives based on seasonal patterns, new trends, keyword research or eCommerce opportunities.
* Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs
Essential skills and experience
* Proven ability to write high quality engaging content
* An existing understanding of SEO best practises and the ability to quickly develop these skills
* Ability to work quickly and accurately with a ‘right first time’ approach to your writing
* Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies
* Knowledge and experience of content management systems
* Ability to work as part of a wider team
* Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data to inform content strategy.
* Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
* An interest and expertise in technology and gadgets, including knowledge around the mobile phone and broadband market in the UK.
We are Future, a global multi-platform media company with big ambitions and the talent to bring them to life. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer.
We’re the name behind award-winning brands in specialist sectors like technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, field sports, knowledge and home interest. Specialists in our field and passionate about what we do, every year we attract millions of consumers to our websites, magazines, events and social spaces.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. But that’s not enough – we’re continually adding to our portfolio, building on our technology and investing in our people. Everything we do is born from our desire to innovate and influence and we restlessly look to improve. We hire people we can learn from and we work together to push the boundaries of what can be done.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients and shareholders. Our shareholders have watched Future transition into an innovative global platform for specialist media, our share price has performed well in parallel with both the transition and our growing ability in making our content pay. Shares Magazine have issued their 10 stocks for 2018 which includes Future as one of their top picks.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work and the kind of personal development that makes every day even more enjoyable and challenging. We believe it to be a really existing time to join Future.
Every kind of talent is celebrated and nurtured here. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, which means we don’t have a Future headquarters. Across our offices in London, Bath, New York, Sydney, Bournemouth, Bromsgrove and San Francisco, each and every one of us is playing a part in driving our business forward.
Future’s eCommerce department is at the forefront of content, technology and user experience improvements within the company. A team of audience champions we make it our business to deliver the most seamless and natural user journey for our audience, We’re leading the way in commerce driven content, finding new ways to help our audiences find the best products at the best prices, Last year we drove £150m of retail sales via our sites , across wide ranging categories such as tech hardware, phone contracts,, homeware, fashion and computer software.
We constantly seek to evolve our proprietary eCommerce software Hawk, our eCommerce content and the relationships that we have with our retailers. We are a dynamic and data driven (some would say data obsessed) and are proud to be leading not just eCommerce within Future but setting the standard for the publishing industry.
You’ll be working across all our brands, but most of your time will be spent on TechRadar. TechRadar is one of the top technology brands globally, offering authoritative, unique and independent advice to our readers. TechRadar has seen significant growth over the last decade, becoming the No.1 Tech site in the UK, and now has its sights set on becoming No.1 Globally, something you can help achieve.