10 months ago
Carer Team Leader
* Carer Team Leader
* Saga Healthcare
* 17/07/2018 22:59
Provide advice, training, supervision and other support to Care Workers.
• Provide training where required (in conjunction with the Healthcare’s trainer)
Monitor Care Workers through spot checks, supervision & general observation and report any concerns to the Registered Manager / Operations Manager.
• Carry out supervision and spot-checks of Carers as required
• Schedule of 1-1s with carers
Monitor the performance of Care Workers:- Provide formal supervision - ensuring that individual work, supervision and training targets are set, monitored and met.
Organise and participate Monthly Carer Team Meetings.
Support new carers through their induction training.
• Undertake 3 supervisions within 12 week induction
• First Shift review chat and form, 6 week review chat and form, 12 week review chat and form and Probation sign off or extension
Support existing Care workers with their on-going training
• Prepare and participate in the annual PDR appraisal process.
You will be responsible for the monitoring and auditing of information regarding staff and clients to ensure compliance at all times.
Assist with investigations relating to the quality of the service and improvement action.
Attend regular 1:1s with Area Manager or RGN.
Undertake medication (inclusive of eye and ear drops) and moving and handling competencies from field observations and submission to Compliance within 14 days.
Proactively manage the attendance, availability and time off for Carers in your team.
Ensure all current and known future absence is reported to Care Co-ordinator in Head Office.
Participate in the recruitment process for new Carers.
Ensure all new Carers are trained and have participated in “shadowing” shifts prior to delivery of care.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Appropriate knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety, other legislative and contractual requirements to deliver care to the highest standards. To understand the consequences of failing to take action on any set requirements.
• An understanding of the health and social care sector and the provision of person centred care in the community.
• Previous experience in a Domiciliary Care / Social Care setting
• In-depth understanding of how rights, dignity, privacy, respect and choice are important when providing care and support
Education and Qualifications:
• Good level of general education
• NVQ 3 or Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self Motivated.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Good organisational and planning skills.
• Work cooperatively and professionally with colleagues, clients, carers and all other stakeholders.
• Effectively manage your workload and that of others within agreed timescales
• Full, valid driving license and access to a suitable vehicle
• The legal right to work in the UK
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.