4 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in strategic operations, management consulting and/or strategic planning.
* Experience leading and managing strategic partnerships and partner relationships.
* Experience working in a distributed cross-functional team both internally and externally.
* Experience with analyzing large and complex data sets, with the ability to convert them into strategic insights and compelling storylines in order to drive business and client decisions.
* Experience working with complex spreadsheets/data analysis and putting together C-level presentations.
* Experience from banking, consulting or within Customer Value Management within a carrier/telco operator.
* Ability to work with SQL.
* Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills, including the ability to see granular as well as big-picture issues.
* Understanding of the industry's challenges, a vision for its growth, and a commitment to advance Google's forward-looking strategies within the marketplace.
About the job
The Carrier team focuses on Google-branded hardware across product categories. Our team is responsible for managing partnerships with our top carriers, including developing channel strategy, negotiating commercial terms, marketing and merchandising, and overall market share goals. We partner cross-functionally with marketing, product & engineering, finance and retail marketing teams internally, and with our carrier counterparts across these disciplines.
As the Carrier Business Analyst, you'll use your understanding of user and customer behavior to help the team achieve business goals, from showcasing key in-market trends to developing business intelligence reporting. Your participation in this team will play a pivotal role in the success of the UK’s Hardware business.
In this role, you will demonstrate an understanding of our in-market base, their distribution across partners, and their stage of lifecycle. You will use this data to collaborate with partners and Google partner managers to deliver effective initiatives in support the continuous engagement of the Pixel base onto future Pixel products and the broader eco-system. Examples of your responsibilities include: tariff analyses, understanding store productivity, reviewing assortment, pricing analyses, ranging decisions, partner selection, etc. You will help the business understand market trends and industry insights in order to put them into action. You will also be involved in product launches, promotional planning, contracting, sell out tracking and collaborative forecasting, partnering cross-functionally with Google Hardware teams to drive successful growth.
The Hardware Partnerships team was formed with the purpose of bringing the best of Google’s software and hardware to our users by bringing to market and distributing a Google-branded hardware portfolio. The team is responsible for managing all partnerships with carriers, retailers and resellers worldwide. This includes the partnerships for products such as Pixel, Daydream View, Google Wifi, Google Nest Thermostat, Chromecast Ultra and Google Home.
* Lead analyses for the introduction and management of Google’s hardware, sales planning and forecasting, promotional planning, merchandising and decision making of UK carriers.
* Engage with commercial teams to support partners in order to drive more effective business decisions and outcomes.
* Support executive partner meetings representing industry trends and insights in order to influence partner decisions.
* Manage the delivery of core strategic planning processes and resources (e.g., annual planning, objectives and key results, business updates, etc).
* Identify UK opportunities across verticals (e.g., music, sports, social, gaming) to differentiate our proposition (e.g., gaming peripherals partnerships, sponsorships of key music festivals).
Map showing London, UK
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.