3 months ago
Category Development Executive
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career
The Category Development team is tasked with delivering category plans that build sustainable growth and profit relative to category expectations for both J&J and our retail partners.
The Category Development team are the primary link between Customer Development and our external retailers and by determining the visibility of our brands at all shopper touchpoints both in store and online, their role is critical to the success of J&J in the marketplace.
Building partnerships with our selected retailers through the deployment of our category strategies and compelling actionable solutions will enable us to grow category sales for the mutual benefit of our retailers and J&J. Winning at shelf and online is the primary goal of this team and the Category Development Manager is accountable for delivery of distribution and presence gains. A full understanding of the category and shopper needs will ensure the required positive outcomes for J&J at range reviews.
* Key stakeholders: Retailers, Customer Development, CS&P, Shopper Insight, Regional Shopper, Marketing,
* Within customers it will work with buyers, marketing, merchandising or other functions as appropriate
Purpose of the role
* For assigned categories. Deployment of tactics relating to category strategy drivers, creation of shelf strategies and delivery of shelf wins both physical and virtual.
* Customer specific JVC projects.
* Externally facing role.
* Analyses and makes recommendations for all category distribution/space changes in retailer range reviews based on shopper understanding, sales performance, retailer data, sku profitability, shopper decision trees, incrementality and substitutability.
* Ensures all proposals are in line with the distribution, shelf and merchandising principles that meet shopper needs and optimise the assortment to maximise sales for the retailer and J&J.
* Set objectives for all range reviews in conjunction with CD team, takes ownership to gain agreement to the changes and is accountable for excellent delivery.
* Provide range/assortment recommendations that enable fast distribution and high quality visibility of NPI both in store and online.
* Utilise planograming software to create and present fully tailored planograms detailing the proposed range review recommendations.
* Demonstrate expertise by utilising the J&J Category strategy at all external meetings to provide clarity on J&Js view and work to develop retailer specific tactical action plan.
* Provide actionable insights and practical distribution, shelf and merchandising solutions at the point of purchase to meet shopper expectations, grow category sales and gain competitive advantage.
* Ensure all external contact has a compelling insight at its heart with a clear ‘so what’ and a tangible action.
* Work with target retailers to develop category partnerships and/or to unlock JVC opportunities for the business.
* Develop strong working relationships with your retail customer by becoming the category expert and offering advice that supports the total category business.
* Determine the correct contact strategy to ensure (where applicable) J&J are range review partners.
* Demonstrate a thorough understanding of retailer’s strategies, opportunities and challenges and look to align to and/or address these with any proposals made.
* Lead customer specific projects that are unlocked through the above, e g. fixturisation project.
* Shape CD briefs with CCL and other relevant parts of IBP process including clear guidance on distribution opportunities, opportunities for NPI, sku hierarchies, ROS guidance and risks from tail skus.
* Engage in retailer planning days fully providing the objective category story to support J&J initiatives.
* Active involvement in the Joint Business Planning process including the key opportunities are by retailer.
* Experience in utilising and manipulating data to produce recommendations and insights
* Experience working in a customer-facing environment to deliver requirements to customers in a set deadline
* Experience in the UK FMCG, retail or pharmaceutical markets.
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)
Marketing & Sales