This position is primarily responsible for understanding, tracking, analysing and sharing insights about the performance of our client's brands and analysing competitors in the market. You will support the sales team with insight into consumers and shoppers in order to contribute to broader Category strategy (via retail customers) and Brand strategy (internally).
Responsibilities of the Category Manager include:
· Working closely with the sales and marketing team and assisting them to drive forward the business development strategies by providing commercial decision support for the team.
· Analysing and interpreting market data and devise innovative solutions and recommendations to improve listings and volume turnover for all categories.
· Researching and recommending drive range reviews, promotional strategies - shaping how the sales team present and influence customers.
· Management, analysis and interpretation of extensive amount of market data (including EPOS and Panel data by retailer and by channel and internal COGNOS data).
· Development of customer reports where required (e.g. monthly trackers / reviews).
· Identification of trends, development of customer, consumer and shopper insights to assist merchandising and promotional activities to drive the business forward.
· Trade Marketing - shows, in-store POS, and planograms.
· Conduct regular interaction with customers to share insights to assist them with driving category growth.
Requirements for the role of Category Manager:
The Company: Market leaders in their industry, our client has a fantastic reputation due to the quality of their products and the service they provide their clients. They provide outstanding training and development opportunities for all staff and good scope for growth and variety due to a small team and collaborative ethos.
The Role is Located in Uxbridge
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London or Egham office, please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.