6 months ago
Client Due Diligence Analyst – 18 month FTC - London
Client Due Diligence Analyst – 18 month FTC - London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
Santander Global Corporate Banking (SGCB) is the investment banking arm of Banco Santander. SGCB is looking to strengthen its Financial Crime Risk Management capability through enhanced policy requirements in its 1st line of defense and new roles have become available for client on-boarding analysts.
The Client On-boarding Analyst will undertake customer due diligence on new to bank clients including the execution of Customer Risk Assessments. The due diligence involves ensuring SDD/CDD/EDD is undertaken as required under AML policy and standards.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Client On-boarding Due Diligence Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Manage on-boarding cases across all client types and trading/sales desks in line with Financial Crime and Compliance policy
* Ensuring all required KYC documentation is received &validated and Sanctions, Terrorist, PEP and Adverse Media screening is conducted. With the KYC file escalated where necessary
* Follow agreed SDD/CDD/EDD policy, standards and procedures and apply these diligently to each client review raising any queries as appropriate
* Apply the requirements of UK ML Reg’s 2017, JMLSG Guidance, FATCA, MiFID, EMIR, Volcker, FSCS and Dodd Frank regulation to on-boarding Escalate high risk cases to Financial Crime for approval
* Respond to any ad-hoc queries
Minimum skills and experience required
* Previous experience in financial crime (KYC/AML & Sanctions) is essential, preferably in an on-boarding role including client screening
* A working knowledge of multiple entity types is required including Corporates, Non-Banking Financial Institutions, F.I.’s, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, and Mutual Funds etc.
* Good stakeholder management skills are required to work with front office staff to request and obtain the necessary CDD/EDD information and evidence from the client, and transaction reviews
* Technology skills are required including the use of Excel and the ability to learn how to query client and payments systems, operate CDD/EDD capture systems and use external vendor tools, for which training will be provided
* Analytical skills are important, supported by appropriate experience or qualification
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.