- Commercial Data and Insights Role
- Huge player in outsourced field sales
- Fantastic salary and package
The Role: As Commercial Insights Manager you will be responsible for analysing and reporting back to both your employer and their client on EPOS data, market data, Return on Investment data. You will need to see beyond the obvious and recommend specific short, medium and long-term action plans across each operation including Channel, Customer and Field - ensuring you deliver improved results and return on investment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing an extensive range of data sources (internal field activity data, EPOS data, market data, Return on Investment data) in order to identify trends, anomalies and factors affecting the business.
- Creating new frameworks and developing methodologies against which to measure return on investment across all channels. Predictive/ forecasted/ regressive ROI modelling and an understanding of assumptive/ store mirror modelling.
- Seeing beyond the obvious and recommending specific short, medium and long-term action plans across each operation: channel marketing, customer marketing and field sales which will deliver improved results and return on investment.
- Understanding and considering how trends within the retail market have affected past performance and will affect future performance. You will need to recommend appropriate strategies for the field sales team in response.
- Presenting findings in an effective, simple and engaging manner in order to achieve buy in for new ideas from the field sales team and from clients.
- Working closely in collaboration with the BI team to develop a data capture model.
The Company: A market leader in their industry, this well-known company is rapidly growing which is why they are looking for an additional Commercial Insights Manager to join their successful team. Your data led role will support the sales team with reporting on performance and strengthening both the team's performance and our client's relationship with their customer base.
For this Commercial Insights Manager role, we are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working in a data insights role within a FMCG supplier
- Extensive knowledge of the UK retail markets: Grocery Multiples, Convenience Channel and Ireland.
- The ability to present/ communicate at a senior management level/ excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To express ideas and views (persuasively), clearly and concisely. To do so from a commercial aspect demonstrating cost/ benefit/ risk/ reward thought process
- The ability to work to deadlines and prioritise effectively: Strong Project Management background.
- Technical expertise regarding data models.
- Proficient (advanced level) in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint /PowerBI, Tableau
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- The ability to think outside the box and proactively seeking reusable solutions to issues raised
- Experience using SQL or other statistical packages is desirable for analysing large datasets and in terms of data modelling (PowerPivot and DAX).
The Package for Commercial Insights Manager:
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
- Up to +10% bonus
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension matched contribution up to 5%
- Holiday accrual with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Car Allowance of £6000 per annum
Location: The Position of Commercial Insights Manager is based in Oxfordshire.
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our Egham office, please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.
represent you accurately to our clients. This results in a higher quality of interviews that are not only relevant to your experience but also character.