Commercial Product Manager - Open Banking
£80,000 - £85,000 per annum plus performance related bonus and benefits
Are you an experienced product or proposition specialist within payments, fin-tech or wider financial services, interested in managing and driving products with a digital front-end?
Would you like to play a key role in new team, responsible for shaping marketing leading propositions relating to Open Banking?
Our client is a global leader in the B2B2C payments space, with a long track record of success in the financial messaging and business payments space.
Reporting into the Head of Propositions, this role will focus on innovating faster in the payments and financial services messaging space, and building on the organisation's existing capabilities in debit and payment processing services.
About the role:
- Working with cross functional teams to move a proposition from an initial concept through the various new product development stages to delivery and launch - working with the Sales and Market Development teams along the way to develop a solid business case and forecast.
- Working with cross functional teams to shape propositions from initial concept through to new product development stages, delivery and launch.
- Working with the Product Delivery teams to ensure that the proposition is clearly understood, validated and brought to market in a timely fashion, with progress along the way clearly communicated and issues resolved.
Working with the sales and market development teams along the way to develop business cases and forecast.
- Close work with the product delivery teams to ensure the proposition is clearly understood, planned, costed, validated and brought to market in a timely fashion.
- Delivering exceptional proposition launches to client bases through close working with the business and sales teams, whilst also developing marketing campaigns to drive awareness and revenue alongside the production of high quality marketing, sales collateral and events.
- Ownership of in-life success propositions, monitoring performance, competitor activity, industry changes and customer needs to identify and implements campaigns and enhancements.
- Substantial product management experience, in the business payments or financial messaging space.
You are experienced in both new product development and in-life product management, i.e.
- Continued growth: product strategy and execution
- Road-map definition: identify and assess new road-maps
- Competitor and market understanding
- Sales training and support customer sales discussions
- Taking loosely defined concepts and defining a value proposition.
- You are a self-starter that can take ownership for an early stage concept and drive it through to launch through, exceptional insight, teamwork and focus.
- Proven experience of setting a product strategy, delivering it, including defining how your product needs to evolve to adapt to emerging trends.
- You have a good grasp of business concepts & financial measures that allow you to measure the performance of a proposition.
- Strong academic credentials, e.g. a relevant degree, MBA or another product and marketing related qualification/accreditation.
- Ownership of financial products with entrepreneurial and commercial drive.
- Adept at virtual team working: lead and motivate a cross functional virtual team.
- Empathy when working with internal teams and their needs - i.e. sales and technology
- Extensive customer facing experience.
- B2B and B2B2C appreciation: from a digital and/or cloud context.