9 days ago
About the role
Join the number 1
global insurance brand as an SME Commercial Underwriter and develop your
career with a world leader.
With a presence in 59 countries, and 160,000 employees serving the needs
of 103 million customers, AXA is big. In fact, we’re the world’s number one
insurance brand. But we’re not too big to care for – or listen to - everyone
who works with us. You see, we value your ideas and your experience. We want
you to continue to develop and grow, and we’ll offer you all the learning,
development and progression opportunities you need for your professional skills
and career to flourish.
As an SME Commercial
Underwriter, you will deliver on trading team targets through profitable underwriting of
commercial risks within agreed authority levels whilst developing key broker relationships
in line with business objectives.
You will deliver for our customers and
be able to evidence strong working relationships with existing
customers. You will be proactive and out-going, confident in dealing with our strategic
partners, retaining and maximising business through the delivery of
exceptional customer service.
You will also have gained CII
qualifications or be working towards these, and be able to demonstrate a track
record of success in a similar position.
If you would like to a part of this we
would very much like to hear from you.
What you will be doing
* Underwriting our products for SME customers profitably, accurately,
consistently and in line with established underwriting practices, using the
full range of appetite and tools available
* Identifying the right clients for AXA, deciding the terms using all information
available to determine a suitable premium from an accurately established
* Developing credibility with brokers and customers, to help win and
* Putting sustained effort into building influential relationships internally
and externally, taking ownership and responding to broker demands in a timely
manner and keeping them informed about relevant ongoing activity
* Building trading relationships with brokers, and supporting development
of pipeline opportunities to maximise financial results
* Contributing to meetings with brokers and end customers to portray AXA
capabilities and securing clients
* Demonstrating contribution to loss ratio control by effectively
implementing branch underwriting controls
* Monitoring the overall performance of the book you are responsible for
and ensuring remedial action is taken to correct any performance issues
* Contributing to the development of peers by coaching and acting as a
reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment
What you will need
* Cert CII qualification with DIP CII
* Strong trading capability – commercial
awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships
* To be a pragmatic and confident
decision maker with good numerical reasoning skills
* Strong analytical skills with proven
experience of account monitoring and action planning
* Strong level of technical underwriting
* Sound knowledge of legislative and
regulatory requirements for insurance (including treating customers fairly)
* Sound knowledge and understanding of the
commercial insurance market
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Excellent risk assessment and risk
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance
brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses
employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care
for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and
businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through
brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products
are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
What we offer
As you’d expect
from a global leader, our reward package is a global beater – here’s a small selection
of our current benefits:
contribution pension scheme
* 23 days’ annual leave (plus
* Flexible benefit options including
pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, health,
dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products,
including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare