6 months ago
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career
The Commercial Strategy Team:
This team own all the elements of the marketing mix (price, promotion, place, proposition and product (assortment)). The ultimate success will be measured through delivery of Perfect Store important metrics, ultimately culminating in flawless execution to drive NTS, profit and J&J share.
You will achieve this by working cross functionally across Customer Development, Category & Marketing to develop winning commercial propositions and long-term plans for a select group of brands. You will work with their team and Director across the whole of the Northern European cluster (7 markets), working closely with the Shopper Teams, Northern Europe Cluster Marketing, Finance and local Customer Execution Teams.
* Inputs into development of compelling trade propositions that deliver sustainable support for the company's brands and plans
* Awareness of various retailers' strategies and understanding of how they affect J&J's ability to land commercial strategy
* Carries out Category margin modelling to understand retailer profitability.
* Makes recommendations on improvements to product mix to deliver company and customer profit requirements.
Commercial Strategy & Retailer Fundamentals
* Experience of in-market price by sku vs competition.
* Understands promotional objectives by brand and devises strategy, tactics and guidelines that deliver Brand objectives, considering category dynamics, Shopper recommendations and promotional evaluation
* Ability to drive contract price discussions and makes recommendations where appropriate
* Inputs into Global Franchise (GFO) cost price increase opportunities by brand including risk analysis
Monthly Planning Cycle
* Attends monthly IRI/Kantar reviews with marketing and shopper teams for the largest brands to ensure deep understanding of the market and competitive trends
* Runs monthly account surgeries with all key accounts to understand status
* Carries out post-CFR summary sessions with the demand planner to understand common issues and opportunities.
Realise NPD Potential
* Coordinates commercial input into NPD launches, ensuring excellence in execution-Inputs into financialization of the NPD including incremental opportunities and the various stages and documents of NPD launches
* Leads the development of the "reasons to say yes" when selling in NPD: shopper behavioural changes, category value drivers and margin enhancing initiatives.
* Coordinates delivery of the tools needed to deliver NPD: Launch timings, price & promotional strategy, ranging, merchandising and pack strategies
Integrated Business Planning
* Inputs short term (12 month) view of expected commercial environment by channel, category-value drivers, key insights and customer trends and dynamics
* Owns and presents the key commercial aspects of the brand plan where appropriate
* Support and coach direct report to deliver across all of the above
* Ensure clear development plans are in place for the team, providing timely feedback to ensure all key objectives are hit and individuals continue to develop in the role.
* Internal Stakeholders - UK Business Unit Heads, UK Sales Director, Perfect Store Director, Commercial Planning and Activation Director, Finance, Marketing, Global Shoppers Insights
* External – Customers
* Customer experience as a National Account Manager or Commercial Strategy
* Strong commercial acumen and strategic agility
* Engaging leadership style and ability to manage a team
* Able to lead an operational and strategic agenda in parallel.
* Lead – Has an inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience
* Deliver – Assumes personal ownership and accountability for results and solutions and consistently delivers results that meets and exceeds observations
* Shape – Cultivates new and innovate ideas. Demonstrates creative thinking to solve challenges.
* Connect – Works well across groups and puts interest of the team and others above own. Builds teams effectively and inspires follow-ship..
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)