about 1 month ago
Who Are We:
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
To find out more about who we are, take look at these videos:
Our vision is to be the best in class Health & Wellness organization by leveraging the commercial strategy to deliver competitive advantage and value creation for the consumer, customer and J&J. And as part of one of the largest and most diverse healthcare companies in the world, our brands leverage the company’s world-class research tools and scientific prowess to provide consumers across the globe with innovative consumer medicines, skin, baby and essential health solutions. We aim to meet the health needs of families everywhere through a broad range of well-known and trusted health products. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Nicorette®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®.
The Commercial Strategy Team:
This team own all the elements of the marketing mix (price, promotion, place, proposition and product (assortment)). The ultimate success will be measured through delivery of Perfect Store important metrics, ultimately culminating in flawless execution to drive NTS, profit and J&J share.
You will achieve this by working cross functionally across Customer Development, Category & Marketing to develop winning commercial propositions and long-term plans for a select group of brands. You will work with their team and Director across the whole of the Northern European cluster (7 markets), working closely with the Shopper Teams, Northern Europe Cluster Marketing, Finance and local Customer Execution Teams.
* Inputs into development of compelling trade propositions that deliver sustainable support for the company's brands and plans
* Awareness of various retailers' strategies and understanding of how they affect J&J's ability to land commercial strategy
* Carries out Category margin modelling to understand retailer profitability.
* Makes recommendations on improvements to product mix to deliver company and customer profit requirements.
Commercial Strategy & Retailer Fundamentals
* Experience of in-market price by sku vs competition.
* Understands promotional objectives by brand and devises strategy, tactics and guidelines that deliver Brand objectives, considering category dynamics, Shopper recommendations and promotional evaluation
* Ability to drive contract price discussions and makes recommendations where appropriate
* Inputs into Global Franchise (GFO) cost price increase opportunities by brand including risk analysis
Monthly Planning Cycle
* Attends monthly IRI/Kantar reviews with marketing and shopper teams for the largest brands to ensure deep understanding of the market and competitive trends
* Runs monthly account surgeries with all key accounts to understand status
* Carries out post-CFR summary sessions with the demand planner to understand common issues and opportunities.
Realise NPD Potential
* Coordinates commercial input into NPD launches, ensuring excellence in execution-Inputs into financialization of the NPD including incremental opportunities and the various stages and documents of NPD launches
* Leads the development of the "reasons to say yes" when selling in NPD: shopper behavioural changes, category value drivers and margin enhancing initiatives.
* Coordinates delivery of the tools needed to deliver NPD: Launch timings, price & promotional strategy, ranging, merchandising and pack strategies
Integrated Business Planning
* Inputs short term (12 month) view of expected commercial environment by channel, category-value drivers, key insights and customer trends and dynamics
* Owns and presents the key commercial aspects of the brand plan where appropriate
* Support and coach direct report to deliver across all of the above
* Ensure clear development plans are in place for the team, providing timely feedback to ensure all key objectives are hit and individuals continue to develop in the role.
* Internal Stakeholders - UK Business Unit Heads, UK Sales Director, Perfect Store Director, Commercial Planning and Activation Director, Finance, Marketing, Global Shoppers Insights
* External – Customers
* Customer experience as a National Account Manager or Commercial Strategy
* Strong commercial acumen and strategic agility
* Engaging leadership style and ability to manage a team
* Able to lead an operational and strategic agenda in parallel.
* Lead – Has an inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience
* Deliver – Assumes personal ownership and accountability for results and solutions and consistently delivers results that meets and exceeds observations
* Shape – Cultivates new and innovate ideas. Demonstrates creative thinking to solve challenges.
* Connect – Works well across groups and puts interest of the team and others above own. Builds teams effectively and inspires follow-ship.
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)