You may remember our client as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry* in the 1970s. They are a different company today with clients such as Sainsbury’s, Homebase, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. They are an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Communication Specialist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £45 to £50k negotiable
Benefits: Car / car allowance, Healthcare, Employee assistance programme, Pension, Great working environment including an on-site gym.
About the role:
They are currently seeking a talented individual to join their communication team within their head office. This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious communicator to work across multiple industry sectors in a growing international company. The role of the Communication Specialist will include internal communication, PR and social media.
You will work for the Director of Corporate Affairs but will take ownership of co-ordinating day to day communications. The role is based in Oxford but will require some travel.
An excellent writer, with the project management skills to manage the communication processes, you will have the ability to deliver advice and guidance as well as producing quality communication materials.
A key aspect of the role is that of web manager and you will be expected to plan and implement inbound marketing activity. A large part of this will include developing ideas and writing content, measuring impact, increase SEO and improving delivery of high value information in various forms. This role will included the planning and implementing social media campaigns and optimising the use of advertising and other content across social media channels, including content curation.
You will assume some of the technical activity currently carried out by third parties. Activities such as A / B testing will be deployed by the technical specialist as will deployment of free tools from providers such as Hubspot. You should be fully conversant with a range of digital communication tools and be proficient in the use of Wordpress.
- Direct responsibility for the cost-effective management of a variety of communication channels and techniques
- Active involvement in PR events, maximising opportunities for communication activity
- Expertise in social media and implementing the Group’s social media strategy
- Planning and implementing crisis communications in line with their protocols
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of, and strong links with, key media outlets
- Dealing confidently with media enquiries, preparing responses, statements, articles and briefings
- Significant understanding of LinkedIn, Google+, Google Communities, Twitter, and YouTube etc.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Google Analytics etc.)
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong content creation and excellent writing skills
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle changing priorities
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Presentation skills
- IT literacy - word processing, databases, spreadsheets and web applications, including email
- A high energy individual with the ability to enthuse all those around you into delivering results
- Will be ‘apolitical’ with conscious desire and ability to break down ‘silo’ mentalities, be “down to earth” and approachable
- Used to an environment that is constantly evolving
- Able to deliver high levels of performance
- A robust individual, able to operate in a pressured environment of personal accountability
- Confident and assured enough to challenge the status quo whilst understanding the need for robust processes, policies, and systems
- Self-motivated and able to work on one’s own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Assertive balance with the ability to challenge positively
- Strong team-working skills
- Flexible approach / attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates energy, enthusiasm, and commitment
All sites operate according to The clients Way. This is a philosophy of working underpinned by tools and techniques that inspires efficiency, flexibility and outstanding customer service in any process.
You may have experience of the following: Communication Specialist, Communications Officer, Communications Executive, Communications Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Communications, Marcomms, Internal Communications Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.