This is a brand new role as Communications Assistant, supporting the delivery of internal and external communications for a leading law firm. This role is for a self-starter who wants to get their teeth into exciting communications and PR projects and will provide an excellent opportunity for an ambitious self-starter who is enthusiastic about communications and is looking for a varied role. Key responsibilities include:
Internal & external communications:
- Assisting with internal communications e.g. drafting newsletter type articles, intranet content, internal messages, business updates and other ad hoc communications.
- Assisting with marketing communications e.g. drafting flyers, brochures, and website copy.
- Contributing to the development of the firm's voice in all corporate communications (online and offline).
- Compiling and formatting text content for design materials and working with the in house design team to ensure all communications (internal and external) are on brand.
- Assisting the PR Manager in growing the PR strategy in line with business development campaigns and initiatives.
- Drafting and distributing press releases, briefings and Q&A documents for key target national, trade and regional press and assist in tracking and reporting on media coverage, maintaining and developing media lists.
Digital communications & Special Projects:
- Making regular website updates including content, imagery, SEO and tagging.
- Uploading news articles, press releases and profile pages to the website CMS
- Writing and publishing posts to social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to compliment the PR function and ongoing BD campaigns
- The launch of a new website; and the firm's client development and intermediaries programmes and a client listening and feedback initiative.
You will have previous PR, communications or marketing experience gained in a professional services environment, with an understanding of PR and communications concepts and practices and willingness to follow industry trends and current methods. With excellent communication and writing skills, the Communications Assistant will be well-organised, able to work with deadlines, have an analytical mind with attention to detail, be creative and confident, either have CIM qualifications or a desire to study them and have the ability to use initiative and work with limited supervision. You will be able to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines under pressure, be a strong team player, ready to help colleagues, well presented with a polite professional manner and be flexible and committed with excellent IT skills.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC