Communications Officer – Charity (6 month contract)
Our client is an established charity within the housing and disability sector, helping to provide accessible homes and communities that welcome disabled people and support their needs, helping them to live independently.
They are looking for a Communications Officer to support all of their PR & Press activity, on a fixed term contract for a period of 6 months.
Salary: £30,214 (fixed term contract, paid pro rata)
- Devise and deliver creative PR and media plans to support the wider communications strategy and business plan for the charity
- Write press releases, statements, news stories, blogs, etc. and initiate them into the most appropriate media
- Work with the team to organise media events, photo opportunities, launches, etc. in line with charity activity
- Research and monitor the media for relevant stories, case studies and work to handle any sensitive incidents/issues effectively
- Generate content for the various communication channels including: websites, social media, newsletters
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and emphasise key stories and messages that support the work of the charity
- Manage media and journalist relationships, brief spokespeople, ensuring any opportunities for the charity are capitalised on
- Provide regular updates to management on PR activity plans and results, plus maintain an accurate and up to date contact database
Applicants should have solid experience in media relations, both digital and more traditional, within the Charity sector. It’s essential to be an excellent writer and communicator, pro-active and creative.
If this sounds like you, then please apply today!
You may have had experience of or be interested in the following: PR Officer, Press Officer, Marketing, Communications, Internal Comms, Press Assistant, Events Manager, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Media Officer, Media Assistant, Public Relations, Media Relations, PR Coordinator, Campaign Officer, PR Assistant, Charity, Non-Profit, Not For Profit, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Agency, the services advertised by Easy Web Agency are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.