Job Title: Communications Officer
Salary: £24,415 - £29,722 per annum
Position: Permanent, Full time
Closing date: 9.00 am 16th November 2018
The Organisation is the team behind many of Great Britain’s most successful sports. They worked with 93% of the athletes and 31 of the 34 sports that won a medal for Team GB and Paralympics GB at the Rio 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games. As the country's largest provider of sport science, medicine and technology services, they also provide a range of added-value benefits to the sports they work with including cutting-edge innovation.
Purpose of the Role:
- Ensuring the smooth operation of Organisation internal communications systems and processes, in order to share information and updates across 350+ employees spread across numerous sites
- Providing advice, support and assistance to colleagues and practitioners on communications issues and enabling them to showcase the role, success and achievements of the organisation
- Contributing to the development and delivery of the Marketing & Communications Team's strategy and implementation across a variety of channels
- Overseeing the development, delivery and evaluation of the Organisation's internal communications strategy across multiple channels and platforms, including making recommendations for developments or streamlining as necessary
- Supporting the management and ongoing development of the Organisation staff internal information sharing platform
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the house brand and style
- Working with the Communications Officer (Digital) to plan, research and write articles, blogs and stories and other assets for internal channels and platforms
- Working with colleagues in the Marketing & Communications team to provide support on marketing, media and press office activities when required.
Main Tasks and Activities:
- Create, edit and deliver regular innovative and engaging internal information, updates and content
- Consistently raise the bar to deliver market-leading internal communications
- Be the dedicated point of contact for staff to contact with queries, information and projects
- Craft and direct internal communications tools, including the intranet, brand, internal communications networks such as Slack or Yammer, plus others, to support a more agile workplace
- Partner with the internal teams to design best-fit internal communications campaigns
- Organise the promotion of internal events and announcements
- Constantly monitor staff opinion and behaviours in regards to organisational communications with a view to constantly improving the effectiveness of internal communications
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of company communications and channels
- Through regular reading, self-improvement and own interest, monitor developments in internal communications, and use those insights to recommend actions and developments that could be implemented to improve existing plans, platforms and technology
You will also support the Marketing & Communications team on broader communications strategy which includes:
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team and all internal teams to share and communicate priorities and progress to employees where necessary or appropriate
- Supporting the wider team in the delivery of the Communications Strategy
- Provide support to colleagues on marketing, media and press office activities when required
- Attend national and regional meetings and workshops, training courses and visit EIS sites as appropriate
Please note: The normal place of work is London, however the Company may from time to time require you to travel to and work at other offices.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to access the Company's Careers page and complete the Application Form.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Communications Specialist, Public Relations Officer, Public Relations Specialist, PR Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Social Media Executive, Online Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing Coordinator will be considered for this role.