6 months ago
Communications & PR Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an External Communications & PR Manager to join our new Communications Brand, Sponsorship and CR team within the Customer & Marketing Function. The role holder will play a central role across Aviva in developing Aviva’s reputation as a market and thought leader in the Irish insurance and Financial Services market.
They will be responsible for delivering on Aviva’s public policy, communications and positioning goals in Ireland. They will work closely with then HOCBS and Senior Management across the General and Life Insurance businesses in delivering agreed outcomes for this role.
The role holder will work closely with HOCBS and the senior marketing and communications leads to develop campaigns, positioning, narrative, channel specific content and outcomes. They will as operate as a frontline Company spokesperson across a range of media channels ensuring maximum positive exposure and impact.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Lead in shaping and developing our communications strategy to support our business objectives across our corporate, distribution, products and CR strategies.
* Maintain and apply best practice competencies in communications methods through our various channels. Manage the development of agreed communication improvements based on agreed plans.
* In collaboration with HOBCS, take responsibility for all media relations, public policy and advocacy activity, working closely with senior management to formulate and agree Aviva’s public policy and external corporate objectives and implementing programmes to deliver on these objectives.
* Collaborating with Aviva Group Communications and Public Policy teams to ensure alignment with all group policies and protocols.
* Act as a senior company spokesperson making clear, measured and timely interventions to advance Aviva’s reputation, both verbally and in writing.
* Develop good relationships with key journalists and media representatives. Handle media enquiries to ensure the company’s position is clearly understood and correctly represented.
What would Success Like
* Manage all media contacts, queries and releases within agreed Aviva Risk guidelines.
* Management of external agencies and third parties
* Management of PR and Agency Budgets
* Document or approve all written media/advocacy communications to media or to be published through owned or earned media. Approve other documented communications as required.
* Brief, advise and mange other business line spokes persons and manage media spokespersons across Aviva.
* Develop strong mutually beneficial relationships with all key stakeholders.
* Mange the development of ongoing communication improvements based on research and monitoring programmes including staff surveys and leadership feedback tools in order to verify impact and performance versus KPI’s.
* Develop detailed communication plans for all agreed corporate product and distribution development, manage their implementation against agreed KPI’s
* Produce quarterly reports demonstrating performance against key metrics including ROI, Brand, Social Benefits. Completion of reporting to Aviva Ireland and Group functions as required.
Skill set of role holder
* Excellent communications skills which can be deployed effective through all media and channels
* Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with relevant presentation and facilitation abilities.
* Good financial literacy and numerate.
* Broad business knowledge with the understanding to both contribute and challenge management decision-making.
* Energetic and focused communications advocate
What you’ll get for this role?
* £Competitive salary
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Equal Opportunity Statement
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please apply via below button.