6 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. The Global Product Management (GPM) team within GCP is a critical driver of growth. The GPM team is responsible for developing and managing a suite of solutions for mid-sized, large market and global businesses.
We are looking for dynamic leaders who can translate customer needs and marketplace understanding into solutions that are best in class and economically viable to bring those solutions to market in unique and compelling ways. If you are interested in being part of a team that will change the landscape of payments for larger businesses, this is the team for you.
As part of GPM, Global Business Consulting’s (GBC) mission is to partner with our clients to drive efficiency and transparency around their payments systems and processes so they can focus on getting business done. We use deep travel and payments expertise to advise our clients on how to save money when they spend money. Our offerings address many client needs including: Baseline Program Assessments, Control & Compliance Program Reviews, Maximizing Incentive Payments & Opportunities, Cost Reduction Assessments and Strategic Program Management.
This client facing Senior Manager will be responsible for owning the design, project oversight, and delivery of actionable insights & solutions that are profitable and highly valued by our clients. The candidate will partner closely with the GCS Account Development & Sales, GBC project and delivery teams.
* Act as project manager for key engagements, leading formulation of project strategy, analysis of complex datasets, development of recommendations, and implementation
* Create and manage project plans, ensure that project timelines are met and that work is done within the allotted hours/cost
* Actively manage a portfolio of clients and key contacts to ensure projects stay on track, within scope, and that client needs are met throughout the delivery process
* Create and deliver compelling presentation of insights and recommendations to clients to drive project forward and demonstrate our value
* Participate in and/or lead internal initiatives that help to grow our business, expand our service offerings, bring our clients improved insights, and/or drive efficiencies
* Research emerging trends and industry benchmarking information within T&E and P2P categories.
* Operate in and contribute to a team-oriented environment with strong personal accountability, commitment and integrity with respect to all aspects of the role
* Utilize data to drive insight and potential consultative opportunities for clients
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* University degree required or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
* Seasoned project manager and leader who can flawlessly oversee end to end projects, collaborate and influence internally/externally, and deliver with strong attention to detail and focus on client needs
* Able to manage and prioritize multiple project assignments while adhering to strict project timelines and budgeted hours
* Strong probing and presentation skills with the ability to diagnose client’s needs and propose customized analytical solutions
* Structured approach to problem solving with experience in leading client focused projects and engagements
* Strong analytical skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Access required
* Strong online and data based research skills
* Outstanding presentation and client facing acumen from proposal development to delivery; advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and influence internally/externally, and to identify and proactively raise potential problems and recommended solutions
* Experience in management consulting, consultative selling, knowledge of sourcing, procurement, process management, or Six Sigma, a plus
* Verbal and writing proficiency in English and French, Italian or Spanish is a real plus.
* Comfort leading project teams on new assignments/opportunities with ambiguity in approach or outcome
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2018, 7:46:27 AM