3 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
O2 has been one of the UK’s learning brands when it comes to content for many years now. From pioneering How-To content will O2 Gurus to creating a nationwide movement for the Rugby World Cup with #WearTheRose, we’ve always been at the forefront of innovation. And our breadth of sponsorship properties, such as The O2, the England Rugby team and the O2 Academies means we have a wealth of interesting stories to share with our customers.
Now, we’re about to embark on creating a step change in both our content output and the way we produce it. We have a new overall strategy, and we’re about to embark on a process to embed this within the business and improve our content output. As well as broaden out our current content offering, from focusing purely and sponsorship, but now to work across the whole of the business.
The Lifestyle Lead will be responsible for delivering and commissioning the Lifestyle layer of content within O2. Working across the entire business your remit will be to build a culture and delivery of innovative, consumer-focused and inspirational content formats. You will work closely with internal teams from across the business and will be responsible for developing powerful content partnerships across a wide range of interest areas, particularly Music, Sport and Priority.
This is a truly customer-centric role. You’ll be challenged with ensuring that our content offering across all platforms, not only reaches & satisfies our existing demographic of consumers, but that moving forward it will acquire and build a new audience. Your work will positively impact our audience acquisition plan and will be instrumental in developing a broader audience platform with third parties.
* You will lead and define the editorial story for the Lifestyle layer. Bringing the audience into the story at every opportunity and looking at new ways our content can entertain and add real value to our audience’s lives.
* You will work closely with our brand team to ensure consistency across the content layer. Making sure the brand story is consistent and strong throughout all content produced. You will also work with our Programme team to look at lifestyle themes within the customer journey and problem solve accordingly and work closely with our online team to develop content that drives awareness and offers clear paths to purchase. Finally, you will also support the campaign team, who produce through the line comms, with content ideas to support their campaigns.
* You will use analytics, customer insights and trend analysis to propose and plan innovative content formats across the entire business. You will ensure we optimize our right to speak in certain consumer segments – in particular sport, tech, music and fashion.
* You will work with the Head of Content on budget allocation for the layer and manage the on-going budget for the Lifestyle layer.
* You will work closely with our internal and agency teams to develop innovative and meaningful content that both supports campaigns and acts as an always-on platform for the O2 brand.
* You will lead and develop strong relations with media and brand partners to develop lifestyle content that drives significant awareness and user growth.
* You will work with our Research and Analytics teams to develop a robust dashboard of consideration, awareness, audience engagement, audience size, and commercial returns.
* You will attend quarterly editorial board meetings that bring together key stakeholders from across the business (Sponsorship, Business, Programmes, Campaigns, Customer Comms, Online etc) to agree and plan forthcoming commissioning.
Skills & experience:
* 5 + years digital content commissioning.
* Strong project management and communication skills to get content ideated, developed, produced and pushed live, whilst keeping all stakeholders abreast of the project status.
* A proven audience-first, insight led approach to content creation.
* Media knowledge to be able to recommend (owned, earned and paid for) distribution channels. With proven experience of using social and leveraging media partnershipsUnderstanding of business objectives, KPIs and metrics.
* Aware of copyright issues and sensitivities around artists and brands.
* Experience creating high-profile content covering sport, music, tech or similar.
* Ability to work with multiple teams to ensure consistency of content.
* Be creatively astute and have strong commercial understanding.
* Interest in and development of new and innovative formats.
* Attention to detail and a focus on quality.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.