5 months ago
Corporate Credit Analyst – 12 Month FTC - London
Corporate Credit Analyst – 12 Month FTC - London
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
Our London office is seeking a Corporate Credit Analyst to join the Risk area.
The Corporate Credit Risk team within the Wholesale Credit Risk Department is primarily involved with the analysis and credit rating of multinational and UK corporate clients within the perimeter of Santander Global Corporate Banking (SGCB) in the UK.
The Corporate Credit Risk team is the local representative of Head Office Credit Risk, and is instrumental in transmitting and implementing the local and the group best practices, credit policies, procedures and risk appetite in SGCB UK.
The team supports the activities of CIB, GTS, treasury desk and other product areas in the UK. The team works together with Front Office in the annual process of pre-classification of limits and the approval of specific transactions.
You will require self-management of workflows as well as solid interaction and good communication with the front office, senior management and Head Office. You need to ensure that transactions and limits are established with a high level of quality during the analysis process and that approval deadlines, which are often very tight, are met as far as possible.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Corporate Credit Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Undertake internal rating assessments and conduct a comprehensive assessment of new lending proposals, annual reviews and waiver requests, ensuring that all risks are identified. Making judgements as to their acceptability in a timely fashion followed by a suitable recommendation to the appropriate approval authority.
* Provide independent and robust recommendations to the Senior Management/Committees about potential transactions, attending relevant committees as required and consistently demonstrating effective time management and prioritisation to meet deadlines.
* Ownership of processes where applicable. Monitor progress against plan with rest of team, flagging missed milestones and development dependencies that are contributing to delays to the manager.
* Take a proactive role in communication to key stakeholders, maintain an awareness of the integration plans of the businesses and flag inconsistencies, conflicts and potential resource constraints both internally to the manager as well as directly to stakeholders.
* Control global positions and make sure excesses are investigated and appropriate action is taken within the required timescales. Ensure that changes to regulatory landscape are incorporated into activities.
Minimum skills and experience required
* A demonstrable track record in large corporates risk analysis, including balance sheet, P&L and cash flow trends.
* A good working knowledge of loan products and treasury products including familiarity with covenant (setting and monitoring), security, documentation (ISDAs) and facility structuring etc.
* Clear and articulate communication skills, both oral and written. Can communicate credit decisions with an ability to justify such if challenged (whether by Front Office or Senior Management) with sound reasoning.
* Actively develop relationships with Front Office and Credit Risk Madrid, and provide exceptional service and advice.
* Initiative and motivation to work independently and to provide quality output, in accordance with business area deadlines.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.