6 months ago
The Corporate Development team’s main responsibility is to support the wider business’ strategy and operational objectives, and in particular Mergers & Acquisitions activity. The team work closely with many areas of the business including the Executive Leadership Team, Finance, Legal, Business Intelligence and Marketing and are at the forefront of driving company expansion and growth.
Future has grown substantially over the last few years becoming a highly profitable, global company. Much of this growth has come from the acquisition of complementary businesses both in the UK and US. Future has completed six acquisitions in the last two years alone as well as a number of disposals. The Corporate Development team have played a crucial role in these acquisitions.
Job Summary & Purpose
This role forms an integral part of the Corporate Development team. As the company has grown and acquisitions have become a key part in the business’ growth strategy the team needs to expand to meet this need. Reporting to the Senior Business Insight Manager the Corporate Development & M&A Analyst will provide support around the project management and intelligence gathering for Mergers & Acquisitions projects and other business development initiatives.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the practicalities around the implementation of corporate strategy and growth through acquisitions, with exposure to investor relations and the financial and legal areas of a business.
Key role responsibilities
* Management of acquisition opportunities and database
* Analysis of opportunities and building investment case
* Management of acquisition data rooms including liaison with sell side advisors
* Due diligence, bid and deal support
* Project management support for corporate development project
* Providing research support on potential companies for acquisition, competitors and markets
* Supporting asset divestment projects
Essential skills and experience
* Recent graduate or similar level of experience
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Ability to quickly absorb and apply new information
* Proactive approach to work
* An enquiring mind with strong analysis and numerical ability
* Comfortable to liaise with a wide range of people across the business including Senior Management
* Strong MS Office skills including Excel (including pivot tables, macros and vlookups), Word and Powerpoint skills, as well as Google Sheets/docs
* The ability to be both a team player and able to work unaided using your own initiative
* An ability to present ideas clearly, simply and confidently
* An ability to work in an environment that changes at pace
* An ability to problem solve and use initiative to improve
* An adaptable, proactive and flexible approach
* Customer / client focus / quality approach
Desirable skills and experience
* An understanding of the media business desirable
* Experience of conducting desktop research