2 months ago
We've got big ambitions.
Ambitions that see us want to grow and become one of the nation's best-loved brands.
Sound interesting? That's just the start.
We're leading our industry in terms of change and delivering amazing experiences for our customers.
We're exploring, analysing and keeping up-to-date with new trends and new opportunities – both to create new revenues and to find new ways of creating unique experiences and propositions for our customers. Firing on all cylinders with a culture that not only takes care of our people but empowers them to deliver career-defining work.
All this means we need more brilliant people. Ones who share our ambition, and get stuck in with the next and most exciting part of our story.
Are you in?
The Corporate Strategy Lead reports to the Head of Corporate Strategy in Marketing. The role is company wide and sits in a small team of strategy professionals focused on working with key stakeholders across the business to develop actionable strategies that ensure Three achieves its overall company goals.
This role requires an individual with proven strategy experience in a digital business.
Key accountabilities include
* Supporting the development and implementation of Three’s overarching corporate strategy
* Identifying strategic opportunities and risks and building strategies plus business cases to support the prioritisation of these areas
* Maintaining an external perspective on Three’s operating environment and relevant trends
* Building and maintaining strong relationships across the business and with key external partners and stakeholders
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsible for working closely with key stakeholders in the creation of actionable strategies that ensure we achieve our overall company goals. Gathering internal and external data to build a rich but concise picture of our operating environment to inform key strategic business decisions. This includes working with relevant internal and external experts in the strategy development process. As well as providing expertise as an internal consultant.
Development of actionable strategies that support organisational objectives for growth, gaining stakeholder approval and overseeing through design into implementation
Improvement / Innovation
Identifies opportunities, then suggests and implements improvements to existing business practices, while developing and delivering projects or a work stream within the organization's change management program with guidance from senior colleagues.
Writes and edits materials for a variety of target populations, tailoring the tone and content to match the needs and expectations of each audience.
Keeping abreast of industry trends and external market influences.
Project Tracking and Reporting
Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on measuring and reporting progress toward intermediate targets to make sure a project stays on track to achieve its ultimate goals.
Negotiates without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on how to help the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to analyze data from multiple sources to draw appropriate conclusions and make suitable recommendations.
Customer and Market Analysis
Conducts research and analyses data with guidance (but not constant supervision) in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and market conditions that enables maximum return on investments.
Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while guiding and training others on managing projects and/or programs within desired cost, time and quality parameters.
Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing appropriate plans or performing necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
Works without supervision to breakdown complex problems and simplify into clear actionable strategic recommendations
Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision, while also providing technical assistance when necessary.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Ability to think big but with attention to the detail
* Experience of strategy development and implementation in digital businesses
* Ability to understand and effectively use insight to drive strategy
* Financial / business modelling
* Situation analysis and scenario planning
* Excellent cross functional working
* Experience of workshop design and facilitation
* Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
* Commercial acumen
* Ability to influence & negotiate at senior management level
* Excellent stakeholder management, communications and presentation skills
* University educated, either relevant business degree and/or extensive strategy experience