3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tax Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Reporting to the UK Tax Senior Manager, you will play a pivotal role within the Tax function. The role will be tax reporting focussed but offers plenty of opportunity to experience other tax work including advisory projects and assisting with UK and overseas tax compliance.
- Prepare group tax numbers for the accounts, tax forecasts, and tax cash flow.
- Country by country reporting.
- Liaising with colleagues overseas in relation to tax reporting and management of the supply of information to the external and internal auditors.
- Assist the Shared Service Centre (based in Scotland) with UK corporate tax compliance, the preparation of tax disclosures in the statutory accounts and other compliance tasks when additional resource is required.
- Support senior members of the tax team on ad hoc advisory projects.
- Support the UK Tax Senior Manager in dealing with queries from the tax authorities and reviewing corporation tax returns prepared by the Shared Service Centre.
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s SAO and risk control environment.
- Be based in Osterley (West London). Travel between Sky sites may be required from time-to-time to support service delivery.
- Strong technical ability demonstrated by being ACA qualifiedtop tier firm experience
- An ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong people skills with the ability to build networks and relationships both across tax and with other key stakeholders e.g. finance and the wider business
- Focus on delivery with high personal standards and good attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, including excel
- Skills as a proactive individual who is continuously looking for new and innovative solutions to issues e.g. to develop and improve systems and processes
- A willingness to work across taxes as and when needed and to learn from, and share knowledge with, others
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about