9 months ago
Country Analyst Africa & Middle East, EIU,London
More information about this job
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
We are currently recruiting an Analyst, Africa and Middle East who will be responsible for the production and quality of part of this regions product range. The successful candidate will contribute to all areas of the region’s editorial output. They will undertake economic and political forecasting and analysis for a selection of countries in Africa and The Middle East, demonstrating outstanding editorial standards, intellectual leadership and analytical capability, as well as representing the EIU externally.
In this role you will be expected to:
* Produce all of the agreed products for several countries of coverage
* Develop and own the EIU view on the countries of coverage, and contribute to the team view on the region
* Contribute to the commercial success of the EIU by engaging clients
* Support the development of Research Analysts and other members of the team
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in this role you must have:
* A relevant degree in Economics, International Relations or related regional subject.
* A Masters degree
* Previous work experience desirable
* Experience of political and economic analysis of African Countries
* Economic and forecasting skills
* Strong external profile
* Analysis and forecasting of political and economic trends in Africa
* Strong Economics and forecasting experience
* Fluency in English, Portugese and French languages are a definite plus
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Attention to detail
* That you are able to take the initiative
* Experience of working to deadlines
* The ability to solve problems and come up with solutions
* Good written and verbal skills
To succeed in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* That you are innovative, with a willingness to challenge conventional approach and test new approaches
* A positive ‘can do’ attitude and a determination to succeed
* The ability to manage multiple priorities
* Good influencing skills
* The ability to deal with all levels of the organization
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.