8 days ago
Advertising / Creative Agency
Category: Design Jobs
Creative 2D Designer / Animator
London - Old Broad Street Map & Directions
Marketing & Communications
21 December 2018
Little fish, big pond, bigger ambitions
Sometimes it’s good to be a little fish. At Architas, we’ve built our reputation on doing things differently – always putting our clients first, being brave enough to try something new, and not being shy about believing we can make a difference. We constantly challenge ourselves and the status quo.
We are looking for a Creative 2D Designer / Animator to support the Design Manager and Marketing Team in the production of still and animated marketing materials.
Who are we?
Built on the strong foundations of the global AXA Group, Architas manages and advises on investments of over €42,5bn on behalf of clients across Europe and Asia.
Architas was formed in 2008 to help investors meet their investment goals through a range of multi-manager solutions. We are small company within a larger group, and as such enjoy the benefits of being dynamic and entrepreneurial whilst having the security that a large group like AXA has to offer. The ethos is hard working with a sense of fun.
What will you be doing?
The role’s main purpose is to support the Design Manager and Marketing Team in the production of still and animated marketing materials – excellent design, typesetting and animation skills are required in this role (you will have a strong portfolio that demonstrates a range of different styles and treatments showing execution from design to final production).
1. Work alongside the design manager and global marketing team to produce outstanding digital marketing content (html5 web banners, infographics, motion graphics, animation assets, short educational/informative 2D animations, Presentations, etc.). This will include initial development, conceptualisation, storyboarding, character + environment design, and 2D animation
2. Support design manager in the production of a variety of printed marketing collaterals (brochures, invitations, flyers, advertisings, posters and ad hoc materials) – this will include sourcing appropriate licenced imagery whenever required
3. Brand custodian, you will work as a part of the Architas Global Marketing Team to maintain Architas global brand guidelines / values - inputting where possible with new creative approaches to globally enhance the Architas message and provide support where necessary
4. Creation of charts, diagrams and other data driven design elements using a combination of Microsoft Excel and Adobe CC applications
5. Ownership of the design process from creation through to thorough proofreading/pre-flight checking of all materials - content and format
6. Maintain industry standards of asset management and technical specifications + organized working approach within the Architas workflow (including responsibility for version control and archiving)
7. Working towards streamlining the graphic production processes, accurately estimating turnaround times and working to tight deadlines
8. Maintain good relationship management skills while collaborating with in house designers, copy writers as well as with external contractors
9. Support Digital team with design of HTML email templates as well as with the development and maintenance of Architas online tools such as e-zines, digital tools and web portals
What can we offer you?
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
There is no doubting that this is a busy, challenging, demanding role - but it provides a great opportunity for the right individual to play a key role in driving forward our key strategic goals. We will reward your hard work and determination with a competitive salary and benefits package backed up by AXA Group, including the following:
* Competitive salary and the opportunity for personal development
* 28 days holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional days, or sell up to 3 days)
* Discretionary annual bonus scheme linked to the performance of Architas and the wider AXA Group
* Private medical insurance provided by AXA PPP
* Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions as well as your own
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
* Opportunity to join AXA's Share Plan Scheme
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
* Numerous other flexible benefits and product discounts on offer as part of the AXA Group
Who are we looking for?
Skills and experience required for this role will include:
* Minimum of 2/3 year experience in the industry, you will be used to working on commercial projects, to tight deadlines and to specific technical requirements
* Design/Animation related degree or equivalent formal training
* Excellent design skills, artistic ability and creative thinking along with knowledge of the principles of good design/layout
* Skilled in the production of infographics and illustration, with a focus on hand-drawn characters a plus
* Advanced skills of design software including Adobe CC applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
* Strong motion graphics / 2D animation skills and knowledge of relevant software (Adobe After Effect, Animate CC, etc)
* Knowledge of HTML / CSS as well as of Microsoft Office tools in general (Word, Powerpoint, etc) and Excel in particular
* Ability to keep up with new creative technologies and digital marketing trends along with monitoring of competitor activity
* Extremely organised with very strong attention to detail, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Comfortable taking and interpreting a brief, you will be able to follow brand guidelines while pushing creative boundaries.
* Self-driven and motivated, you are a great team player and are able to work well on your own
* A willingness to take personal ownership of and responsibility of the role
* Confidence to challenge feedback but also ability to accept constructive feedback professionally
* Knowledge of the print production process and experience producing print ready artwork files is preferable but not essential
* Knowledge of Java Script and a good understanding of content management systems and digital asset management are preferable but not essential
* Experience in filming and editing short video interviews using professional equipment / software would be a bonus
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer