9 months ago
Information on the company
An independent creative and strategic agency which lists many multinationals and big brands amongst its clients. The Agency is formed of senior planners and creatives. Some are specialists in brand and business development. Others are experts in fundraising and customer marketing. All of them believe in digging beneath accepted facts, figures and attitudes to find truth of their client’s business challenges. The results of which are relevant, powerful ideas, whatever the brief, the channel or discipline.
This is a 3 month internship paying national minimum wage with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the business to learn all about working in a creative branding and communications agency, this internship is designed to give you a wide-ranging perspective of what it’s like to work within the industry and will give vital insight across the entire business.
In this internship you can get involved with anything from brief writing, timing plans, meeting set-ups, attending brainstorms or sourcing valuable content for social media channels.
Full inductions into each business area will be provided to explain key areas of the agency.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
• Shadowing your mentor to gain insight into the day to day role of a Project Manager.
• Shadow the client services team and learn about the full cycle treatment of each client campaign from research and launch to management and optimisation.
• Contribute to creative brainstorms and add value to the creative production process.
• Learn how to complete status reports, timing plans, cost estimates etc. the understanding of which is a key component to all professionals within the industry.
• Learn how to carry out market research and present learnings back to the account and client services team.
• Learn about the creative process e.g. checking copy docs against the copy platform/client feedback. Learn how to brief design and artwork amendments into the studio and check these against client feedback.
• Attend briefings and follow up with requests from the meeting.
• Learn how to successfully perform digital research for future strategy.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and education?
• Educated to degree level.
• Eager to absorb and learn a lot to develop professional skills and experience.
• A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
• Interested to learn about a range of clients and media channels.
• A highly organised individual comfortable multi-tasking.
• An upbeat and positive personality.
• Comfortable working in an open and collaborative working environment.
• Confidence to make suggestions and contribute to brainstorming sessions.
What is the last person in this role doing now?
After the internship, moved into a permanent position as an Account Manager and now moving over to an agency.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• You will gain exposure to some well-known brands with the opportunity to shadow on real campaigns.
• Interning alongside experienced industry executives, you’ll learn more here in three months than you would at a big agency.
Apply for this role