5 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Creative Lead looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
When applying for this role; please ensure you submit a copy of your portfolio as well as your CV.
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
A strong and motivational creative leader who will drive and bring to life The Body Shop’s global brand purpose through best in class omnichannel design and execution. You will take direction from the Head of Creative and lead, influence and motivate a team of multichannel designers creating distruputive, engaging 360 consumer campaigns and assets.
This role will be responsible for conceptualising creative projects whilst fully understanding 360 onmichannel customer journies, touchpoints and product strategies. You will be channel agnostic in your approach and deeply understand how campaigns, assets and experiences live across all global platforms through a consumer and mobile first approach.
This is both a directing and hands on position responsible for the end to end creation of campaigns and experiences. You will thrive on new challenges, willing to think and work in new ways and able to communicate positively, debate with peers and influence various stakeholders. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Head of Creative and key business stakeholders.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Lead and develop a deep understanding of the Brand Purpose and business strategies to deliver high quality campaigns and assets through a ‘consumer first’ lens; promoting products whilst building the brand
* Bring the global brand strategy and positioning to life and effectively communicate this in a coherent, disruptive and distinctive way across all 360 consumer touch points
* Deliver campaigns with a strong and deep understanding of omnichannel design and how this transfers across touchpoints and platforms delivering strong, joined up and ‘best in class’ 360° seasonal campaigns, consumer journies and experiences
* Lead, direct and motivate a team of multi disciplined designers across projects from end to end. Review and provide focused feedback as to nature talent creating a best in class multi channel design team
* Lead the creative development, conceptualise, edit, present and influence strong ideas whilst able to influence and manage key business stakeholders whilst prioritising projects
* Close Partner to Content, Copy and Store and VM and Digital dept Leads; support in bringing to life the brands purpose through strong end to end design
* Partner with the core Digital teams to ensure creative consistency across all digital output including social, digital display and websites, understanding their product and customer focuses and guiding where local market nuinaces arise
* Leads and partners with the packaging senior to develop packaging designs in line with brand purpose; pioneering new ideas and innovation with a sustainable first approach
* A Strong, confident communicator, influencer and collaborative partner who is able to build and drive strong relationships with cross-functional business stakeholders establishing strong working relationships between the customer and brand teams supporting to deliver the brands language both internally and externally
* Champion global consistency across all global touchpoints ensuring that language is clear, compelling and that sets us aside across the globe
* Partner with external agencies to establish consistent, discruptive and striking indentity and creative campaigns, internal lead for your area and brand custodian across all outputs
* Deep understanding of The Body Shop Purpose strategic framework and ability to translate it into design guidelines, a champion for the brand
* An excellent team player, flourishes in a multicultural environment, is an active listener and interacts effectively
A pro-active and capable individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Strong leadership skills, be able to enforce and influence deadlines, yet understand when there can be flexibility and commanding respect from across the business.
* A motivational leader who is an articulate, cross-functional communicator who can also build and nurture teams
* Proven experience working in a Design Lead role; working cross functionally within a fast-paced environment and delivering strong levels of success through design led propositions that match corporate objectives
* Strong Digital Design experience and evidence of delivering strong campaigns and digital consumer experiences
* Experience of leading, nurturing and developing design individuals
* Passionate about creativity and design across multiple touchpoints
* Strong communicator, influencer and able to priotise multiple projects
* Evidence of delivering strong campaigns from end to end
* Broad and deep understanding of digital and packaging design
* Experience working cross-culturally or in a global environment
* Flexible outlook with a solution-orientated approach
* Excellent interpersonal skills – can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
* A strong focus on ‘getting things done’
* Strong decision making
* Strong commercial and consumer-focused driven approach to marketing/events
* Retail/Fashion/Beauty industry experience is an advantage
* Abreast of current trends and competitor set
* Current knowledge of retail – both The Body Shop and other relevant brands
* Current and fluent knowledge of key design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!