3 months ago
Creative Show Planner, Sewing Quarter
Last Date for Application
Overall Job Purpose
Sewing Quarter is the UK’s first TV Shopping channel dedicated to sewing and quilting. The Programme Assistant will form an integral role within the Sewing Quarter team, helping to create inspiring, commercially-led programmes for live TV Shopping.
Reporting into the Product Development Manager, this role requires exceptional organisational skills, a good eye for detail and a positive approach to problem solving, an interest and experience in sewing or quilting would be a distinct advantage.
* Plan and create content for live television.
* Construct shows to entertain, educate and inspire our audience.
* Put together engaging presenter only product lead shows.
* Create briefs and show proposals with Guest Designers.
* Analyse previous sales date to ensure that shows meet financial targets.
* Add relevant upsells into hours to add value to the customer experience.
* Work with TV producers to maximise opportunity of each hour of TV.
* Liaise closely with the Buying Team on project components, and along with the Programme Manager, make alternative suggestions where necessary
* Ensure that tasks are completed in line with the critical path in order to hit on air deadline
* Help to research any new products on the market to ensure that programme content is always on-trend and cements our place as market leader.
* Awareness of competitor activity in the sewing/quilting space to ensure we always have a competitive edge.
* Always on the lookout for new and exciting guests to bring on air.
* Help maintain a comprehensive and up to date Master Schedule for programming
* Liaise with warehouse to ensure products are sent to guest designers correctly and on time
* Ensure that a good attention to detail is maintained when building shows in the scheduling system to minimise errors.
Outside the office
* Attendance at trade and consumer shows where necessary
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Good organisational skills, showing an ability to multitask effectively
* Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel
* Effective communication skills – written and spoken – within a busy team, with other departments and external contacts
* The ability to work independently and as part of a team with a creative and tenacious approach to problem solving
* Practical experience and interest in sewing and /or quilting
* Good knowledge of the sewing and/or patchwork and quilting industry – designers, trends, fabric etc
* An understanding of sewing/quilting – the concept, aesthetic and ideas surrounding the movement, and the key players
* Contacts within the sewing/quilting industry