9 months ago
The EU XCM (Cross-Category, Cross-Channel Marketing) team is looking for a Strategic Planner with a background in marketing communications strategy. This position will help develop the long-term vision and strategy for Amazon marketing and advertising working across multiple categories, countries, and channel teams. They will be responsible for deriving insights that inform marketing communications strategy and decisions across numerous marketing channels and customer life-cycles.
We are looking for someone who is highly resourceful, customer focused, and can be dive into analytical detail and able to extract strategic implications from that analysis. Strong candidates must have the ability to work autonomously and have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to influence others, leading cross-functional teams. This role sits at the intersection of customer insight, marketing communications strategy and creative campaign development, and candidates need to have a very strong right brain/left orientation and seasoned judgment.
This role works closely with the Creative Directors, Associate Creative Directors and our campaign management team to translate business briefs and oversee creative development from a strategic perspective for the EU and globally. A champion for the Amazon customer internally, this role will ensure customer-obsessed communications across all of XCM’s strategic areas (Big Rocks).
Day to day, through developing key working relationships in the media and insights team, this role will acquire and collate market research and internal/external data reporting to inform the development of briefs and customer-obsessed propositions.
· Seeks and interrogates customer research and data, using it to develop marketing propositions and strategies
· Interrogates business briefs and writes creative brief for ATL, BTL and digital/social campaigns and projects
· Persuasively presents strategic thinking and proposals to senior level stakeholders
· Works with Campaign Managers, media and insights team and Creative Directors
· Collaborates with Copywriters, Art Directors, Designers, Illustrators etc throughout the completion of projects, ensuring that creative output is strategically aligned
· 5+ years’ experience in creative strategy or planning within an advertising agency or similar
· Proven experience in creative strategy in ATL, BTL and digital/social channels
· Ability to gracefully interrogate and challenge stakeholders and colleagues as necessary
· The ability to work independently and with a team
· Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills
· Self-motivation, flexibility and an impeccable attention to detail
· Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or related field
· Strong ability to interact, communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and coordinate projects cross-country and across functional teams, including insights, creative and business teams
· European language skills