2 months ago
Credit Risk Analyst – Permanent - Milton Keynes
Credit Risk Analyst – Permanent - Milton Keynes
South East England
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
Our Milton Keynes office is seeking an ambitious Credit Risk Analyst.
Within the Santander UK Risk Division, the Provisions & Forecasting team is responsible for estimating credit loss reserves and for forecasting future credit losses over a range of different scenarios and time horizons.
The team plays a key role in the determination of credit loss budgets for Santander UK and also provides the credit loss projections used in internal and external stress testing exercises including those requested by regulatory authorities.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Credit Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Managing projects for the Provisions & Forecasting team including support for the development of IFRS9 compliant provision models
* Stakeholder management with senior risk and finance stakeholders
* Supporting the Provisions & Forecasting team in producing management information & forecasts as required
* Supporting the Head of Provision & Forecasting with day-to-day management of the wider team and issues that arise
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven track record in statistical analysis using one or more of the following; (SAS, SQL, R, SPSS)
* Strong oral and written communication skills with evidence of senior stakeholder management
* In-depth knowledge of the application and/or development of models used in forecasting or similar
* An understanding of retail bank loss reserve methodologies and relevant accounting standards would be advantageous. Broad and deep knowledge of retail banking credit risk
* Experience of successfully managing and delivering through a team of analysts
* Experience of successfully leading and delivering on multiple complex projects and initiatives
* Ability to motivate and lead groups of people, maintaining momentum and delivery
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.