3 months ago
Credit Risk Analyst – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Credit Risk Analyst – Permanent – Milton Keynes
South East England
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Risk Analyst to join us in Milton Keynes, where you will be involved in managing and delivering projects totalling £m’s benefit per annum.
Risk is now firmly at the heart of every single financial services company, and that's where you'll be when you join the team. Helping to manage risk for one of the UK’s leading challenger banks is an exciting and rewarding place to develop your risk management skills. It's also a great place to advance your career.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Credit Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Ensure the team delivers on its business as usual commitments for Retail including monthly reporting; Monitoring and updating highly complex statistical models for the calculation of IFRS9 provisions; weekly reporting; budget setting and re-forecasts. Carry out adhoc project analysis and manage issues arising appropriately.
* Improve processes around Retail IFRS9 provisions calculations to support finance in the calculation of business impacts (financial, operational, and technical); identify risks and dependencies (systems, data, and people).
* Proactively consults with other team members to learn current processes and develop expert Risk knowledge.
* Engage across various departments such as Finance, Risk and Group on a regular basis.
* Support the Stress Testing team with ICAAP and EBA requests.
* Support the Risk Manager and Head of Provision & Forecasting ensure IFRS9 models are in line with End User Computing (EUC) and SOX standards and with day-to-day management of the wider team and issues that arise.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to synthesise complex issues and explain them easily to non-technical audiences.
* 2:1 achieved at degree level in a numerate subject (e.g. Maths, Statistics, Operational Research, Physics, Engineering) and/or equivalent qualifications/experience.
* Statistical analysis using one or more of the following; (SAS, SQL, R, SPSS) is desirable.
* Any prior knowledge of Risk Management and loss reserve methodology would also be desirable.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.