8 months ago
Our Credit Risk Analysts use their nifty skills analysing data to help Three maximise the number of connections on to our network, while minimising the risk.
You'll get to shape, build and maintain the systems Three use for making these decisions.
You'll work Experian's strategy decision software, implementing strategy changes to mitigate any emerging risks, or to capitalise on any change in application quality.
To be at the top of your game here you'll need to be a dynamic, flexible and be at your best as part of a collaborative team.
We're looking for people that will constantly question and look for opportunities to improve, whilst never losing sight of the detail!
We exist to make mobile better for everyone. Ever since we were created in 2003, we've been challenging and changing the way the industry works by putting customers first and tackling the issues that frustrate and annoy them. We were the first mobile network to take the fear out of using data with our All You Can Eat plans. We were the first to abolish eye-watering roaming charges for people travelling abroad and we were the first network to give our customers 4G at no extra cost. We knocked out sky high prices for calling 0800 numbers before anyone else.
We’re able to do this thanks to our amazing people who share our passion and belief in making things rightJob description
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Credit Risk is pivotal in stopping applicants with a high propensity to be Fraud or Bad Debt connecting onto the network, whilst ensuring we take on as many connections as possible.
The successful candidate will have a key role in this by analysing and maintaining credit risk data.
The successful candidate will also be using SAS to pro-actively collect, analyse and interpret information and credit policies to make recommendations to management.
They will be able to see their recommendation all the way through into the live environment.
You will be part of the team which controls the First Bill Not Paid rate for new connections: this is highly visible across the business and to our shareholders.
To succeed in this role you’ll need to be a dynamic and flexible individual that embraces being a key member of the team. We’re looking for people that will constantly question and look for opportunities to improve, a self-motivated individual who is capable of achieving a high standard of accuracy and achieving deadlines.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Proactively collect, analyse and interpret information to support the development of credit strategies, policies and processes.
* Create your own code to collect, analyse and interpret information to understand key trends using data mining techniques.
* Use SAS to analyse project specific data, to proactively assess and communicate campaign success, customer profiles and impact on First Bill Not Paid.
* Engage with team members to manage the key performance objectives and challenge existing credit policies.
* Perform regular and ad-hoc tasks, and produce reports as required that will contribute to the successful operation of the Credit Risk team.
* Live our "Being Three" skills: Customer Driven, Agile, Collaborative.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Must have experience and knowledge:
* Experience in analysing data using SAS (Base), SQL or similar language
* Proficient in Microsoft Office e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Advanced Excel skills: Pivots, Vlookup, conditional formatting etc. VBA beneficial.
* A degree level or equivalent education in a numerate or analytical discipline
* Be engaged, enthusiastic and confident joining in team discussions
* Analytical approach to problem solving
* Highly numerate
* Attention to detail / concern for accuracy
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to have experience and knowledge:
* Ideally have experience working in a credit risk role
* Experience working as an analyst in a fast paced organisation