10 days ago
Credit Risk Control Analyst – Permanent – London
Credit Risk Control Analyst – Permanent – London
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
Our London office is seeking a Credit Risk Control Analyst to join the team with the primary responsibility being to provide risk management and control of the SCIB client portfolio.
You will take local responsibility for the Credit Risk System (IRIS) by performing daily control of data integrity and supporting issues arising and undertaking control initiatives and supporting IT infrastructure projects.
The Credit Risk Control team works closely with teams within CIB Risk (Corporates, Financial Institutions and Funds, Structured Finance, etc.), providing support and managing exposures of all clients and monitoring the evolution of that exposures within the credit system IRIS on behalf of Santander UK and Santander London Branch.
You will work in a team of 5 and will also get the chance to work closely with relevant teams in CIB Risk, Finance, Front Office, Middle Office, SCCB Risk, CCR, and local and global Risk teams.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Credit Risk Control Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Monitoring of credit risk exposures under corporate methodology, identifying and communicating excesses on client limits and highlighting any issues to the business and/or the integrity of reported information.
* Developing and maintaining ongoing BAU activities to identify, assess, manage and report risks and controls within the SCIB portfolio, enabling the achievement of strategic objectives and supporting the Santander UK's corporate goals within agreed risk appetite constraints.
* Ensuring the area operates effectively in adherence to the internal policies of the bank and legislative/regulatory guidelines of relevant external authorities.
* Supporting the business on queries about credit risk methodology and calculations.
* Coupling good business knowledge with technical expertise to help the team turn technical output into sound business information.
* Refining and delivering corporately driven strategic initiatives by working collaboratively with other key business areas.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing business area and their role in managing them. Regarded as expert and source of risk management excellence within their area of responsibility.
* Shapes risk frameworks and / or policies using external knowledge and benchmarking.
* Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to their role.
* Strong communication skills to clearly articulate risk strategies and policies, with an ability to justify such if challenged (whether by Front Office or Senior Management) with sound reasoning.
* An ability to engage at a senior management level both internally and externally and manage key stakeholders.
* Some product knowledge of Loans, Trade Finance, Leasing, Invoice Finance, Overdrafts, Derivatives (standard and non-standard), Market Linked Investments, Repo/Reverse Repo and stock borrowing lending transactions.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.