7 months ago
CRM / CTI Developer Systems Consultant Level 2
* CRM / CTI Developer Systems Consultant Level 2
* Saga Group Ltd
* 20/03/2018 22:59
Salary Up To
* £38,000 depending on experience
Job Description Summary
* When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Call Centre Technologies Team team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the IT function of the business.
You will be working within the Saga Group Call Centre Technologies (CC Tech) team, encompassing the development and support of the core CRM/CTI applications utilising .net and oracle / SQL technologies and Thunderhead amongst others. The team provides core functionality to a multi-site call centre and works with a mixture of in-house and 3rd party solutions as well as integration between them. Services provided by the team range from CRM and CTI to document fulfillment and archiving and the team actively develops in C# and .NET4.5 but supports legacy VB.NET codebases which you will be expected to maintain.
You will bring your knowledge and expertise of .NET 4.5 , C#, Winforms, WPF, Oracle\MS SQL, Unit Testing, Source Control technologies to enable you to undertake programming, program fixes and system enhancements and systems analysis.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
* • A developer with demonstrable experience of developing client\server applications
• You will have demonstrable experience of using Oracle or MS SQL
• Expert understanding and utilising core Analysis and Development technologies as well as tools for modelling/simulation, planning, prototyping and mocking etc.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Unit Testing and Continuous Integration using Nunit\XUnit, TFS, MSBuild or similar
- Knowledge or understanding of MVVM frameworks such as Caliburn Micro or ReactiveUI
- Driven problem solver, able to work through problems to their resolution.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server
- Understanding of PCI, DPA and other relevant legal/governance frameworks for safe guarding customer and company data
- Appreciation for usability design considerations
- Ability to write well-structured and commented programs
• .NET 4.5 (1yr), C#, Winforms, WPF, Oracle\MS SQL, Unit Testing, Source Control
• MVVM, RX, WebAPI, WCF, VB.NET, LINQ, XUNIT\NUNIT, Continous Integration, TFS, Moq, Entity Framework, ADO.NET, Enterprise Library, Resharper. Knowledge of SpeechMiner and/or Thunderhead would be advantageous
* • Provide regular progress reports to Manager.
• Adhere to Company and Departmental standards
• Troubleshooting, i.e. investigation and resolution of problems reported by users.
• Programming and capture/definition of requirements for program fixes and system enhancements and systems analysis. Programming to be in relevant languages as appropriate. Unit testing, system testing and user training to be undertaken. Assist users with their acceptance testing.
• Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management.
• Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with authorising signatures in place before putting the fix/enhancement forward for application to the ‘live’ environment using the Change Management.
• Support the Technical Business Analyst to establish business requirements
• Support the Technical Business Analyst to perform a detailed analysis of user requirements for new and the continued maintenance/enhancement of existing systems. Provide advice where alternative solutions exist
• Contribute to the production of Terms of Reference where applicable
• Contribute to Feasibility Studies
• Contribute to the Cost/benefit business justification activities
• Estimation of effort for fixes/enhancements/new systems, as requested by the business stakeholders
• Support the Technical Business Analyst to produce Functional Specifications using jargon-free language which can be understood by users. Give formal presentations where appropriate
• Produce Technical Specifications where appropriate
• Systems design
• Solid application and database design skills
• Programming in relevant languages, as appropriate, with adherence to the best practice in terms of coding, security, usability and accessibility standards
• Unit testing, system testing and user training. Assist users with their acceptance testing
• Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with appropriate sign-offs before putting the fix/enhancement/new system forward for promotion to the 'Live' environment in accordance with the Change and Release Management Process (Fast Track or Release)
• Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are in place
• Any other duties requested by IT Management
• There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner
• Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position, as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
• Any other duties requested by Management
* Education and Qualifications:
• Degree standard or equivalent
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to think and work individually and as part of a team
• Good time management.
* There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs