Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our Sales and Marketing team. Reporting to the Senior CRM Manager to support delivery of the CRM strategy to drive value and volume.
About the Job:
As a key member of the marketing tea,m you will help drive customer growth through an understanding of their behaviours and needs, whilst driving new customers to the database.
It's an exciting role where you will be responsible for the end to end management and production of CRM communications – with a focus on driving efficient processes, improving customer engagement and return on investment. This will include CRM and campaign development, content, creative, print and production, and post-campaign evaluation.
What you'll be doing:
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Write briefs for the CRM agency, to support the CRM strategy
• Obtaining sign off all materials and maintaining the compliance sign off audit trail.
• Preparing the content for CRM campaign, and working with CRM agency, wider Marketing team to develop collateral.
• Working with wider marketing team, internal stakeholders such as Revenue Management, Customer Experience, Operations, Comms, Retail, Legal and Operations – to ensure that all messages are relevant and consistent with the overall communication strategy.
• Managing the print, broadcast and production cycles and brief relevant teams
• Maintain track of all CRM campaign reporting – including supporting the preparation of internal reports with the findings and recommendations.
You'll need to be:
• Strong computer literacy - excel/word/powerpoint.
• Good knowledge of Direct Marketing/CRM is essential
• Understanding of email optimisation
• Email metrics and analytics esp. Google Analytics
• Be passionate and eager to own campaigns competently
• Be a numerate and analytical thinker with a keen interest in Marketing.
• Problem solving, solutions-oriented approach
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail, whilst demonstrating creativity.
• Team player and ability to build a wide range of relationships both internally and externally.
• Highly organised, flexible and proactive. Able to manage a wide variety of projects without daily direction
• Commercially focused, with the ability to address the different communications challenges.
• Used to working to tight deadlines and still delivering quality results • Previous experience of working in a marketing role
• CRM experience (database marketing / CRM / acquisition and retention marketing)
• Experience working collaboratively with agencies
• Delivering projects and processes to the highest standards and to tight timelines, ideally within the travel/retail/leisure sector.
As a minimum you'll need to have:
• Marketing degree or equivalent, and relevant experience
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
Monday to Friday
Based at Capital House, North West London. Required to occasionally travel across the GWR network
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity, and inclusion at every level.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.