8 months ago
About the role
The role is to provide day to day support as well as insight and forecasting of fulfilment activity (paper and electronic) for GI Direct product lines (Motor, Home, Road Rescue, Landlord, Travel, Pet (plus future new products) and includes the following areas of responsibility:
Analyse and provide insight into spend and fulfilment volumes at product, channel and document template level to support cost saving investigations and budget forecasting – monthly, quarterly and annually.
Track, manage and report on spend against budgets, including third party invoicing (spend and volume
Provide day to day support for document fulfilment processes including pre-print stock management, support to incidents and Worksmart sign-off
The role does not include the ownership of the content of documents or their signoff which reside with the named document owners.
* Strong data analysis skills with ability to use and manipulate complex data to provide insight as well as detailed and summary MI
* Previous experience of using data and insight to identify and deliver cost savings
* Experience of working with and being a key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual spend management and planning cycles
* Comfortable with analysing and presenting information and data at all levels in an organisation
* Previous experience of working with print and document solution providers would be an advantage as would an understanding of Royal Mail and downstream access mail providers
* Supplier management (internal and external) experience together with experience of setting and managing SLAs
* Understanding of project management and working with others to deliver agreed outcomes
* Attention to detail and able to work to strict deadlines
* Excellent communication & relationship building skills demonstrating an ability to deal with colleagues at all levels
* Able to work without supervision & be self motivated in a proactive manner seeing tasks through to resolution.
* Consistently present a professional & positive approach.
* Provide required and appropriate MI on customer fulfilment (fulfilment costs, volumes, and SLA performance by business area) on monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as required
* Work with document change and fulfilment owners to ensure planned changes are considered and insight is shared
* Develop and maintain a detailed analysis of fulfilment trends across key metrics (e.g. spend, channel, document template, change initiatives). Ensure results and key findings are shared.
* Using data insight identify and recommend print and fulfilment cost saving and improvement opportunities
* Provide detailed annual forecasting plans and regularly track actual performance against forecast identifying and making changes as required. Ensure insight from such changes is shared internally and with third party suppliers appropriately.
* With Finance develop and maintain the fulfilment cost model for forecasting and annual budget setting. Ensure the model is accurate, robust and takes account of new initiatives, changes in customer behaviour (paper versus e-delivery) and insight.
* Manage the print volume forecasting process and the associated stock management process
* Work with Operations Planning team to optimise the impact of documents and payments on the call centre
* Ensure that accurate document insert matrices and stock management reports are managed and maintained.
* Manage the print and post costs and associated reconciliation for the GI Direct business, ensuring that our documents are sent in an efficient and effective way.
* Work with internal and external print and mail suppliers to ensure SLAs are agreed, achieved and issues managed.
* Ensure and manage Technical and Compliance sign off (Worksmart) of documents and their regular review and re-accreditation for continued use.
* Act as point of escalation contact and co-ordination where there are operational issues impacting documentation production.
* Provide analysis into causes of internal and third party incidents impacting customer communications, support problem rectification (where appropriate) and sign off and testing of corrective action.
* Provide occasional cover for other team members during periods of absence
This role is for 35 hours a week working Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with the occasional need to work outside these hours. For the right candidate there may be a degree of flexibility with the shift pattern.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
* 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
* a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
* an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
* a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
* a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.