LOCATION: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
JOB TITLE: Customer Insight Manager (Marketing)-Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Sales, Marketing and Publishing
SALARY & BENEFITS: Circa £43,300 DOE plus Benefits CONTRACT: Up to 12 months fixed term, Full time
THE COMPANY: Our client, an international exams group, designing and delivering assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries. They are committed to ensuring that all our assessments are fair, have sound ethical underpinning, and operate according to the highest technical standards
THE ROLE: Customer Insight Manager (Marketing)-
Due to rapid changes in competitive landscape, customer needs and solutions available, there is an increasing need for a better understanding of customers. The Customer Insight Manager will contribute to important decisions on customer experience, new product development and market opportunities by providing relevant and timely insights. As the Customer Insight Manager you will play a key role in driving organisational change through the power of insight, providing the business with vital information and strategic recommendations that will enable us to provide the best products and services to our customers.
Key Responsibilities to include: - Customer Insight Manager (Marketing)-
The post-holder will project manage multiple education reform contracts:
- Leading large-scale primary market research projects. This will include scoping the requirements, designing the project, commissioning the research to an agency or conducting the research in house, monitoring progress, evaluating reports and communicating findings. Conducting impact assessment and reporting ROI on large projects. Providing research consultancy as required to internal stakeholders by supporting projects on research design or development of data collection instruments. Working with Head of Market and Customer Insight to develop the annual programme of market research projects.
- Carrying out secondary research on a wide range of topics. This will include collation of internal and external information, analysis of qualitative and quantitative data to produce user-friendly reports.
- Managing and co-ordinating the delivery of services from external suppliers to Market and Customer Insight. Planning, building, monitoring and managing the budget for Market and Customer Insight to ensure that projects represent good return on investment and meet stakeholders’ requirements.
- Contributing to the innovation and improvement of project management methods and research approaches followed in the Market and Customer Insight team
- Taking responsibility for developing and implementing the standard operating procedures relating to primary market research, including processes and documentation necessary for GDPR compliance
- Working with the Head of Market and Customer Insight in establishing regular management reports on, for example, performance against targets, success or otherwise of agreed strategies, and effectiveness of information dissemination.
Key Experience preferred for the role: - Customer Insight Manager (Marketing)-
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience in the area of market research, including leading complex customer insight projects and experience of converting findings to actionable recommendations
- Experienced in Market research with expertise in qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience in communicating market research scope and findings to time-pressured senior managers to facilitate swift sign off and buy in methods
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Understand business strategy, competitor analysis, customer experience
- Knowledge of the education sector advantageous
- Proficient in the use of research software (e.g. SPSS, Snap, etc.) advantageous
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to, cultural differences and diversity
- The ability to challenge and explore new ways of doing things
- Able to work to tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment
Benefits: Customer Insight Manager (Marketing)-
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
- Support for professional qualifications
Bank, Banking, Outside Sales, Product Development, Market Research, Finance, Sales, Research, Marketing The closing date for receipt of applications is 12/08/2018 and interviews will be held on 28 or 29 August If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
To find out more about this role please view the job descriptions by clicking APPLY, complete short online assessment and upload your CV & Covering Letter