11 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Customer & Market Insights Senior Manager looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you! This is a maternity leave contract until June 2019. We will consider both full and part time applications.
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Oversee all consumer and marketing insight at The Body Shop. Understand markets and consumers in order to identify growth opportunities. Design and manage all research and analysis; influence consumer, brand and market teams to drive consumer’s effective decision making, ensure success of the brand, products, and drive new customer acquisition.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
Identifying market trends to give TBS a competitive advantage
* Using external sources to compile and distribute trend analysis
* Ensuring trends are consistently and commercially applied to the business and new product innovation by influencing the marketing development team and Brand Directors
* Driving understanding of the competition through providing intelligent competitor reports and presenting them to internal clients
* Manage vendors for providing trend and market data, roll out training across the busines
Developing brand strategy through consumer insight
* Manage all vendors outsourced for the business to ensure quality
* Managing qualitative and quantitative ad hoc research projects to deliver consumers insight to the business on brand and commitment
* Influencing the brand strategy through consumer / customer understanding
Ensure successful launch of new products
* Managing qualitative and quantitative ad hoc research projects to deliver consumers insight to the business on concept, packaging, price, VM, Communications, etc.
* Ensure the processes are in place to deliver quality NPD projects
Manage and optimise all key research tools to ensure they remain the right tool for the business
* For example manage the 3 online communities run including pitches, implementation, training, calendar and delivery to international and all local markets.
* Oversee the all customer experience research including mystery shopping, customer experience, and all store and shopper research, ensuring implementation of findings.
* Ensure regular meeting on new providers to ensure portfolio of suppliers is best in class
Develop best practices and manage quality of research
* Build a network with other entities in the wider Group to gather more and stronger insight and consumers/competitors information
* Ensuring marketing/sales/category management are trained so that they can fully utilize the information available through the market research function
* To actively engage with Company and Franchised Markets through Market and Store visits and to spend 3 days a year working in Store with Store Staff and The Body Shop customer.
* Manage the International CMI Budget
* Significant knowledge of market research tools and practices
* Significant experience in the projections, delivery and analysis of market-consumers research
* Significant experience of interpreting data into a clear, easily understood format
* Significant experience of debating at senior level and gaining ‘buy-in’
* Experience in people management and development
* Knowledge of the cosmetic and retail industry is appreciated
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your well-being and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!