6 months ago
We need natural leaders who can inspire and engage their colleagues through modelling our values and behaviours. We want you to be able to lead and develop and deliver the departmental business plan and cascade this to your team as well as monitoring employee engagement levels.
By instilling a culture of quality; we want you to ensure your team fully understands what is expected of them and have their own objectives to work towards whilst being supported with any access to learning and development. Overall, we are looking for individuals who want to help others thrive and achieve their career aspirations whilst working within the treating customers fairly principles.
The ‘Ideal Candidate’ for this role would have a strong team ethic, be pro-active in their approach, expansive in their thinking and not be afraid to challenge. You will be a supportive leader with a real passion for developing people and one who role models our values and behaviour whilst ensuring our customers are at the forefront of everything we do. Experience and knowledge of our complaints process the FCA and PRA principles will also be an advantage.
About the Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. We respect and appreciate the value that our colleagues’ unique differences can bring and offer consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please let us know.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Cover
* 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
* SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
* Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
* Childcare vouchers
* Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
* An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
* Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
* Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
* Eye Tests