2 months ago
Category: Analysis Jobs
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The role will sit within the UK Security Operations Centre, but will be closely aligned to the Enterprise Solutions and Sales teams. The UK Security Operations centre are responsible for the secure operations of the UK Telefonica business and its customers.
This is a brand new role to the UK and is driven by growth in our security solutions sales. Specifically, this role will support local UK delivery of the group Cyber security products VAMPS and CyberThreats.
* Main point of contact between Telefonica SOC in Spain and UK customers
* Supporting the service in all phases from consulting the sales cycles to improving the service in life
* Owning day to day customer interaction, taking information presented in the portals and informing the customers of the threats and agreeing a course of action
* Proactive daily monitoring, analysis and communication to customers
* Creating personalised service reports for the client and preparing weekly / monthly reports
* Supporting sales and solutions in the pre-sales / bid phases and supporting customer bids and quotations
* Monitoring and management of vulnerabilities reported by the SOC
* Working with customers to resolve queries and requests
* Carry out meetings with clients to get their feedback and feed this back to the SOC to continuously improve the service
Skills & experience:
* Must have experience in an IT business with an IT Operations team or within an IT Service Provider
* Strong technical skills in IT Operations and Networking covering a wide set of platforms and technologies
* A keen in interest in Information Security is essential
* Knowledge of IT and Cyber Security threats would be beneficial (hacktivism, information leaks, security breaches, online fraud etc)
* Ability to relate issues in general culture with cyber security threats and challenges
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Interest in studying towards security or technical certifications
* Willingness to travel in the UK and occasional travel to Spain
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.
Close Date: 13/11/2018