5 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Decisioning team which is responsible for a number of things: Delivering cutting edge analytics, widening the depth of breadth of ‘big’ data and generating serious incremental benefits by implementing these into the business to drive value and growth.
AOP (Actionable Operational Profile) is one part of the puzzle – it’s an in-house sql based solution we use to deliver targeted offers to various areas of the business. Through it we deliver offers to customer touch-points which impact a large number of customers every day.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
The role will help support the development of AOP – be that delivery of relatively simple data loads through to supporting the reporting of results, implementation of advanced analytics or how we move into the world of cloud based solutions.
- Support in the development of AOP: Develop new data feeds, amend and productionise existing routines, carry out development to manage new test requirements, etc.
- Beginning to end involvement in new projects – from scoping of work through to development, implementation, automation and reporting of results
- Ensure quality assurance of all deliveries – from inputs into AOP to delivery of information at back-end
- Gather business requirements and undertake any relevant development to satisfy requirements
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of projects is aligned to their needs and overall business priorities
- Understand and support reporting requirements and help deliver solutions
- Identify and implement solutions to make improvements to procedures and processes
- Identifying risksissues and be proactive in mitigating against these and offering solutions
- Educated to A-level standard (or equivalent)
Business awareness – ability to learned skills, awareness beyond immediate arearole
- Extensive Experience of development of data extraction and date manipulation routines in SQL (Sybase)
- Ability to produce insights, translate into recommendations and present back to stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Office tools
- Working knowledge of ETL tools (e.g. SSIS)
- Innovation & Problem Solving - able to solve complex problems, participates in continuous improvement, adapts the ideas of others
- Communication & Impact – strong verbal and written communication, robust interaction with internal stakeholders and other members of the team.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better