3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Agile Development Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a talented Data Analysts, join our team to provide analytics ready data and enabling our data driven culture.
The Strategic Data Analytics Programme is responsible for creating a robust, centralised and connected data environment that unleashes the power of data. We gather data across all customerprospect journeys in near real-time, to allow fast feedback loops across territories; this platform is at the core of being able to make intelligent customer and business decisions.
- Work in an agile development team and closely with Business Analysts to understand data requirements and transform them into technical specifications
- Write technical & data specification for complex ETL processes for high volume streaming data platform
- Drive preparation of complex Data Models for multiple sources having structured and unstructured data in various forms and shape
- Provide technical inputs to various development teams building ETL pipelines and complex transformations without compromising scalability and performance of big data system
- Lead data analysis and modelling exercise for different projects over a period
- Contribute in the setting up of data governance process across the programme and later may lead different areas as data stewards
- Be the main point of contact for understanding data from various channels within the community and work closely with architecture group to ensure fit-for-purpose models, ensuring data security and quality on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in documentation of data lineages, data provenance and policies and play an active part in the Sky Technology communities
- Facilitate the team’s delivery of new features whilst maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and responsibility within the team by ensuring applications are monitored and always up and running
- Experience in a previous data analyst role and working with more than one data modelling patterns
- Experience of working with at-least one relational database and one non-relational database system
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relational data models, star schemas, data warehouses and big data models
- Advanced knowledge of SQL to ensure data consistency and quality
- Experience of working with some programming language preferably Java
- Strong ability to document complex rules, logic & transformations
- Good understanding of data security, protection and policies
- Delivery experience within an agile environment using ScrumKanban methodologies
- Some working experience of any established cloud technology (desirable) and understanding of TDD and BDD approaches
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about