10 days ago
Data Analyst, Financial Crime – Milton Keynes
Data Analyst, Financial Crime – Milton Keynes
South East England
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to support our Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) in Milton Keynes.
As a Data Analyst you will be supporting the FIU, through complex data analytics, to identify and evidence AML control gaps and vulnerabilities. The role holder will provide a proactive, effective technical analyst capability, to source, identify, cleanse, extract and analyse data from the Data Lake and Golden Sources
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It’s about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn’t enough. That’s why we’re developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Data Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Supporting the FIU, through data analytics, to identify vulnerabilities to the Bank from Organised Crime Groups and Terrorist Financers.
* Developing technical tools to proactively identify risks to the Bank.
* Providing consistent and high-quality reports of findings from deep dive analysis and thematic reviews.
* Interrogating systems and databases to source, extract and cleanse data.
* Providing a proactive analytical capability.
* Liaising with appropriate business areas to ensure that high value financial crime matters are appropriately supported, within financial crime compliance, and best practices shared with wider teams.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven experience in a data analytics role, ideally within Financial Crime, with a particular focus on SQL coding.
* Good experience of Microsoft SQL 2008 onwards (2016 in use).
* Ability to quickly absorb and understand complex data / issues, to extract results and to present key conclusions.
* Experience of SSIS, SSRS and Tableau is desirable.
* The ability to simultaneously manage several projects, and re-prioritise tasks, in accordance with business needs, and to meet demanding deadlines.
* A recognised industry qualification in financial crime, or the equivalent level of proven experience.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here