2 months ago
Data Analyst (Retail Strategy & Performance) - London
Data Analyst (Retail Strategy & Performance) - London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Data Analyst where you will be part of the Retail Strategy & Performance team, based in London. Please note that this position will require occasional travel to Milton Keynes.
As a Data Analyst, the primarily focus of this position will be on understanding digital customer behaviours. This involves maintaining & improving existing Management Information reporting suite, analytics on key issues and applying business logic to big data in order to draw out business intelligence and insight.
Alongside weekly & monthly process management and production of executive level insight, this role also manages & influences key stakeholders in SanTech in order to continually improve stakeholder’s knowledge of their business areas and customers.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Data Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Producing monthly & ad hoc executive reporting on this subject
* Influencing key stakeholders to evolve the production of Management Information and the data model that supports this
* Responsible for all stages of data discovery, reporting & engagement
* Identifying commercial applications of the data and influencing key decisions
* Providing analytical capability to other teams as required
* Managing key stakeholder relationships from San Tech, Finance and Customer Insight & Needs teams in the data production process through to senior Retail leadership for MI and reporting
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data in controlled and insightful manner
* Experience working with SAS, SQL and Hadoop is a plus
* Logical problem solver and comfortable working with numbers
* Educated to degree level or equivalent is preferred
* Financial / mathematical qualifications is advantageous
Salary is £30,000 - £35,000 basic
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.