about 1 year ago
ManchesterAt Moneysupermarket Group we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. The environment in our Ewloe, London and Manchester offices is open plan and collaborative. Our dress code is informal and you’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues. We offer competitive salaries plus standard benefits including 27 days holiday, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle. Best of all though, we are passionate about making a real difference – helping your friends, family and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why Our Clubs Data Engineer Role?
Data is central to the clubs propositions and their ability to position savings to users in the right way at the right times. The Data Engineer work as part of the clubs squads to help business stakeholders understand their user base and measure the success of changes to the products.
You will support the delivery of data to our data science and analytics team, support BI and help the marketing team drive the best offers to each user. The data engineer will own the technical delivery of data solutions from start to finish meaning a wide range of data skills are required. Analysts and QA’s within the squad will work with you to help to interpret the business needs and ensure they have been successfully delivered.
The current role we have is based in our Manchester office and will work with both the Cheap Energy Club and Credit Club squads. Your day to day tasks will be managed by the clubs delivery leads but you will be line managed by the Group Data Architect who will work with you to align your solutions to the wider architectural principles.
This is an exciting opportunity that will give you exposure to a wide number of growing data technologies in a fully cloud hosted environment working with a large and varied data asset to help in delivering the best savings to our users.
What will you be doing?
· Work to help establish clear requirements with the squad or directly with business and other technology stakeholders
· Design robust, extendable, simple to maintain and secure solutions to meet those requirements. This will often including the schema design as well as the data integration.
· Create code to deliver that design in the most appropriate technologies.
· Tune existing solutions to improve the business experience and value we can get from our data
· Perform analysis where needed
· Work closely with Architecture and Infrastructure to ensure the safety of our user’s data.
· Learn new technologies as required
· Evaluate technologies and software that may add value to the current estate
· Evaluate new data sources that may enrich the data we already have within the MSE clubs.
· Keep delivery leads and Group Data Architect up to date with current progress or deliverables
What do you need to excel in this role?
· Demonstrable experience in database design, modelling and best practice.
· Very strong SQL skills and experience.
· Experience of database troubleshooting & performance tuning techniques to cope with the challenges presented by large data volumes
· Excellent knowledge of industry best practices, methodologies, techniques, tools, resources and data legislation
· Knowledge of differing Database technologies such as Vertica, MySQL and MongoDB or similar
· Significant ETL experience ideally in high volume environments.
· Experience of working on Linux environments
· Excellent organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
· Strong core analysis process knowledge including significant experience in agile methodologies.
· Strong risk, issues and dependencies management experience.
· Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Able to communicate ideas clearly (written and verbal).
· Excellent personal prioritization and time management skills.
· Strong working knowledge of testing and other quality assurance processes.
· An understanding of Cloud Computing, in particular database and ETL integration into the Cloud.
· Experience with Data Visualisation and Business Intelligence tools
· Knowledge of Kimball dimensional modelling.
· Experience in Big Data technologies such as HDFS, Spark and other similar technologies.
· Experience with Data Profiling tools
· Exposure to Java, Python or R
· Continuous integration experience (ideally Jenkins)
· Understanding of SVN and or Github code management tools.
· Ability to work with others to maximise effectiveness and ensure a quality product
· Experience of continually and proactively identifying and implementing performance improvements
· Experience of working in an e-commerce or digital business
· Delivery of Analytics and CRM projects
· Confidence to challenge assumptions and push back against unreasonable demands where necessary.
· Be adaptable to change, especially being able to adapt to new events and recover from wrong decisionsFull time
Moneysupermarket Group is an established FTSE 250 business with a mission to help every household make the most of their money. Operating through three well known and trusted brands, Moneysupermarket.com, MoneySavingExpert.com and TravelSupermarket, we provide free, easy to use online services that help customers to save money by finding the products most suited to their needs. Our scale means we can work with the widest range of providers – giving customers the choice they deserve, helping providers to find a cost effective route to market and saving people time and money every day.